Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
Siemens Ruggedcom IT Support is looking for a highly motivated Server Administrator with a wide variety of IT knowledge and Project Management skills.
In this role, you should be an excellent communicator who is able to translate complex requirements from our users and provide viable solutions while adhering to Siemens Cybersecurity standards.
A balance of technical, organizational and communication skills are a key requirement to be successful in this role.
What will you do?
- Support site servers
- Management of various IT projects while also supporting site related projects
- Direct support of daily incoming tickets where required
- Coordinate maintenance of existing equipment and license renewals
- Plan and design necessary updates to existing server architecture
- Evaluate and select appropriate hardware requirements, taking into consideration budgetary constraints
- Oversee assigned maintenance (e.g. conduct monthly maintenance)
- Provide guidance and cross-training with team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- VMWare vSphere/vCenter Server Appliance administration
- Server administration which includes setting up/deploying physical servers and server backups
- Manage infrastructure governing self-encrypting SAN storage hard drives
- Manage local phone system
- Terminal Server administration and licensing - Administration of Windows terminal servers and allocating resources as needed to ensure good performance for remote workers
- Imaging of Desktop/Laptops when required
- Active Directory management
What will you need to succeed?
- College or University Degree with an IT background
- 3-5 year experience with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX) and databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Windows Server Certifications
- VMware Certifications
- NetApp SAN - Monitor and provision storage to both CIFS shares and LUN datastores for VMWare
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect or Project Manager
- Hands-on experience with system administration
- Understanding of strategic IT solutions
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of Cybersecurity administrations
- Unix Experience
- DNS - Windows DNS server knowledge
- Familiar with Networking architecture
- Familiarity in cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, G)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, along with strong oral and written skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organizational and leadership skills
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 2,100 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.