On highways, down inner city streets, through tunnels and railway crossings - an endless stream of cars, trains, buses. Traffic is a complex, nonstop challenge for major city centers and small communities alike. Coordinating traffic, staying on top of its ebbs and flows, is a complex, demanding task for emergency support personnel, city planners and transportation system operators everywhere.
Reliable network communications are a critical necessity for monitoring and managing increasingly complex transportation infrastructures. Knowing what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions – effective traffic management demands intelligent transportation systems.
Siemens ITS is the leader in streetlight LED retrofits for cities and municipalities across the United States. We provide a complete solution of technical resources, leading LED technology, full turnkey services, financing, and IoT solutions.
Sales Account Manager; Energy Services - Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS).
The primary responsibility of the Sales Account Manager for Energy Services is to achieve growth in Siemens ITS energy services business. The energy services business is focused on outdoor street lighting LED retrofits for cities and municipalities. The goal is to identify thru energy savings justification, performance contracting and annual service agreements, streetlight LED retrofit projects. Included in these energy services projects are emphases on IoT technologies which are support cities plans for smart city technology.
Must have in-depth knowledge and experience in LED street lighting and IoT technology.
Implements an account development plan that optimizes revenue growth, profitability, and customer satisfaction and loyalty. Tracks ongoing business results compared to the plan’s established goals and executes corrective action(s) when needed. Initiates / builds / maintains long-term relationships with the appropriate account decision makers. Participates and leads client presentations articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings. Participates in the resolution of customer complaints and equipment problems. Independently performs important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues. Refers semi-complex, unusual problems to others. Identifies and resolves readily identifiable, clearly-defined problems.
Preferred Office Location: Southern California (Riverside, CA or Anaheim, CA)
Responsible Sales Territory: United States
- Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned geographic market leveraging Siemens ITS extensive energy and technology solution set
- Educates the customer as the subject matter expert of technology used to collect, store and analyze data. Understand the topics of LED energy savings, IoT, Data Driven Services, M&V,
- Understands and evaluates energy supply and demand side saving opportunities.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimate, specifications and presentations as part of the sales cycle
- Supports recommended FIMs, with savings potential, cost estimates and back up data to verify FIMs.
- Prepares financial models related to payment including an understanding of ROI, life cycle costing and internal rate of return.
- Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts to achieve growth and profit requirements
- Creates and implements strategic sales strategies that leverage utility rebate programs to successfully position Siemens to secure targeted projects. Will be responsible for developing relationships with utilities, understand the rebates available, develop offerings that leverage the rebates, and manage/process the rebates for customers.
- Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate. Responsible to work with current sales executives to expand and create new relationships by being the Trusted Advisor and energy services/technology subject matter expert to customers
- Possesses the skills to communicate the impact to the customer’s business objectives and develops outcome oriented service offerings to meet the business objectives
- Typical End-User decision-makers contacted include C-Level executives, VP of Operations, Directors of Facilities, Sustainability, Energy.
- Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technology.
- Required experience: At least five years of directly-related Energy or Engineering experience required.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.