Looking for a chance to create a positive impact on our society?
With its 7,000 employees, Siemens Technology works hand in hand with the company’s business units to ensure Siemens’ future. Technology conducts research with internal and external partners, including leading universities and promising start-ups. These collaborative endeavors focus on a wide range of future technologies with a view to securing them with patents and supporting them through commercialization. Technology also provides development services for Siemens’ business units and supports them with methods and tools related to business excellence.
The Siemens incubator for electrification develops the next generation of smart grid applications and digital platforms. You will play a critical role in this endeavor. We are looking for a dedicated individual that wants to be part of the team that re-defines how smart grid technologies are developed and used. You will work closely with other software and hardware engineers in a start-up type environment backed up by the substantial resources of a large-scale company.
As a Data Engineer, you will:
- Work with at least one IoT cloud technology, preferably AWS
- Build and manage complex data pipelines (streaming and batch) on a Cloud Native and Serverless infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Design data catalogs and data validations processes to ensure the quality and consistency
- R&D in IoT Data patterns to propose ways to improve data quality, reliability & efficiency of the whole system
- Responsible for data lakes maintenance: Expansion, Monitoring, Automation and Disaster Recovery
To make a difference, you must have:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge in big data pipelines (data movement, partitioning)
- Knowledge and experience in building and maintaining data lakes (TB)
- Preferably experience in BI workloads (Snowflake)
- Wxperience in statistics and probability (modelling)
- Fluency in English
Curious about our Tech hub?
The Siemens Lisbon Tech Hub has more than 1000 experts with several IT expertise: Application Development, Artificial Intelligence, Big-Data and Robotics, Cyber Security, Project Management and much more, making it one of the largest in Europe - check it out
We are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. Find out more about the Digital Minds
You will love to have:
Flexible home office and schedule policy, virtual budget to improve your home office setup, medical center in the facilities, sport groups, volunteering initiatives, office parties and games in a cool and relaxed environment.
Access to e-learning platforms (Pluralsight, Learnlight, Bookboon, Linkedin Learning and more), discounts with partners.
#Siemens #LXTechHub #ITMakesUsMove
We recognize that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. Therefore, Siemens provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss workplace adjustments with all our applicants to develop agile working and innovation.
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time