Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Software QA Engineer to join our team in Cairo, Egypt.Main Responsibilities:
- Aim to reach a high quality level for one or more of the following products:
- Siemens Tanner Custom IC and Analog Mixed Signal Design Tools.
- Integration to Siemens functional verification and physical verification flows and tools.
- Responsible for the test plan definition and participate in quality plan definition of each release in coordination with development and marketing teams.
- Create various test cases to evaluate new features.
- Analyze defects reported by customers and automate their test cases.
- Run the adequate tests, analyze the test reports, make the diagnosis of problems, report them to development teams and possibly suggest the way to solve them.
- Consider different quality attributes (FURPS) while validating the various products with special emphasis on Usability (GUI) attributes.
- Measure the test coverage and suggest improvements.
- Use products as a designer and report issues and suggestions to enhance them.
- Work closely with the development team to optimize the development and validation cycle time in an Agile process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or any related technical field.
- 0-5 years of experience in a relevant field.
- Strong Software Programming/Testing skills with good knowledge of Custom IC and Analog/Mixed-Signal IC design flow.
- Interest in QA methodology and development tools (version management, defect management, or test coverage) is highly desirable.
- Scripting in Shell scripting, Tcl, Python and Powershell is needed.
- Familiar with analog design or CAD engineering using analog design environments.
- Familiar with usage of commercial Spice simulators and analog circuit characterization (e.g. Monte Carlo simulation, Corner simulation … etc.)
- Solid knowledge in the usage of commercial physical verification tools (DRC, LVS, PEX, DFM,…etc).
- Familiar with the usage of digital P&R design tools and its supported standard formats (LEF/DEF, Liberty, gate level Verilog, …etc).
- Knowledge of C++ and Object Oriented concepts is a plus!
- Knowledge of GUI testing principles (knowledge of QT and Squish).
- Knowledge of Hardware Description Languages such as Verilog and/or VHDL.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme and generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time