At Siemens, within our Rolling Stock business, we are currently recruiting for a Plant and Facilities Technician to look after the building maintenance of the depot for our Depot in Hornsey.
In this role you will be undertaking regular planned and reactive maintenance of the depot facilities including the onsite equipment, buildings and landscapes including monitoring and scheduling preventative maintenance tasks and ensure that are safety policies are adhered to. You will also ensure Statutory Compliance across the Hornsey Depot is achieved and maintained.
What are my Responsibilities
- Assist the Plant and Facilities Engineer undertaking maintenance and inspection as required.
- Carry out repair of depot plant equipment in accordance with procedures.
- Complete documentation to record work carried out.
- Conduct weekly walk round of the site to identify any facility asset deterioration and report / repair as applicable.
- Ensure exterior of the Siemens site is well maintained including gardening, pond maintenance, litter picking, painting etc.
- 4 year formal apprenticeship in a relevant engineering field
- ONC in a Mechanical/Electrical/Building Services Engineering subject
- Extensive knowledge of and use Fault finding techniques and tools
- Able to pass Railway Medical plus Drug & Alcohol
- Good understanding of Written and Spoken English to ensure effective communication
- L8 Responsible Person
- IOSH Leading Safely or Nebosh qualification
- Electrical testing & Inspection
- PAT tester
Health, Safety & Environment
At Siemens we have a zero tolerance for unsafe ways of working and as an employee in Siemens you would adhere to Siemens safety systems and controls in line with Rail Systems HSQE Company policies, take responsibility for raising issues of concern, fully participate and engage in our behavioural safety agenda to ensure we work safely, take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact and accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and others affected by our own acts or omissions.
We are Siemens. A collection of over 372,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of hardworking individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want our employees to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure to complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
The benefits package for this role includes not only a generous base salary, but an annual bonus. We know that not everyone’s lifestyle is the same, so we operate a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit your life.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We embrace diversity and build what’s right for the world by employing the people who live in it.
Siemens recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements and workplace adjustments with all our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time