We have a fantastic opportunity for Plant and Facilities Technician to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business in Hornsey.
Siemens, Thameslink project supply and maintain a fleet of 115 Desiro City Class 700 trains for the Thameslink Rail franchise operated by Govia Thameslink Railway (GTR). As part of the project Siemens have provided the facilities to undertake the maintenance of the Fleet by building two Depots in strategic locations, Three Bridges and Hornsey.Role
This role is a key integral part of the Production Services team which is responsible for providing Safe, Secure, Compliant and Comfortable environments for the users of the depots to undertake their duties.
The Plant & Facilities Technician will support the Plant & Facilities Engineer in delivering Planned and Reactive maintenance as well as small works on all Depot Assets.Role Requirements
- Extensive knowledge in maintaining Simple and complex Electrical, Mechanical building Services assets and Control systems including:
AC/DC Electrical switchgear and distribution (HV & LV), Pneumatic & Hydraulic equipment, Air Handling units, Above and below ground drainage systems, Plumbing, Refrigeration, Gas boilers, Access Control, Roller shutter doors, Fire Detection and Alarm systems, Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Understands and can demonstrate Safety is paramount
- Extensive knowledge of using and interpreting BMS data
- Extensive knowledge of reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Extensive experience in undertaking Fault finding on a variety of Mechanical and Electrical assets/systems
- Understanding of compliance requirements associated with the installed assets e.g. L8, LOLER
- Understanding and experience in maintaining Building Fabric assets e.g. joinery, doors etc
- Experience of Supervising external specialist contractors
- Experience in the Creation of dynamic Risk Assessments for own work
- Use of apps such as ZetaSafe compliance and Risk Assessor on a regular basis
- Knowledge using Permit to Work, Safe systems of work
- Able to work on own initiative and part of a team
- Understands the importance of providing and retaining accurate records for all assets
- Able to support any investigations as the need arises
- Is flexible and willing to undertake any tasks allocated
- 4 year formal apprenticeship in a relevant engineering field
- ONC in a Mechanical/Electrical/Building Services Engineering subject
- Extensive knowledge of and use Fault finding techniques and tools
- Able to pass Railway Medical plus Drug & Alcohol
- Good understanding of Written and Spoken English to ensure effective communication
- L8 Responsible Person
- IOSH Leading Safely or Nebosh qualification
- Electrical testing & Inspection
- PAT tester
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time