An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Project Engineer to join our Traffic Management team within the Siemens Mobility Limited, Rail Infrastructure business. We operate a flexible working policy and would be open to discussing working requirements. We will require an element of office working in one of our regional offices which include; Birmingham, York, Derby, Manchester, Glasgow. Chippenham and Croydon.
Our Team and what we do:
As market leaders across rail, road and logistics, Siemens Mobility Limited are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently - complete mobility.
Rail Infrastructure offers a wide range of systems for signaling, control, communications and electrification for main line, regional, metro and light rail infrastructure applications. By bringing together the combined expertise of UK and Germany, we offer complete infrastructure solutions tailored for our market. Siemens’ dedicated rail infrastructure team is fully committed to delivering an efficient, reliable, safe and green railway.
Siemens Mobility Limited are the largest supplier of railway signalling electronic control system solutions in the UK. Our technology is conceived, designed, developed and manufactured in the UK and incorporates custom platforms that are utilized in a vast variety of products and applications, including our market-leading Siemens Controlguide Westcad VDU Control Centre suite which has the largest install base of any system of its type.
We have secured two new major frameworks for the next eight years where we will be providing our route control Traffic Management solution with a direct interface to our signaling level Westcad advanced route setting solution. This provides our customer with integrated control levels and exceptional flexibility to manage their train service and minimize delay.
We welcome enquiries from anyone who would like to join the UK number one supplier and be part of our new transformative technology rollout.
Your role, and what you’ll be doing:
To provide project engineering team leadership to ensure projects are to the required quality and safety standards and to project timescales. This will be achieved through the management of performance and the development of the team and will involve the coordination of all engineering disciplines within projects. The Senior Project Engineer will also be expected to act as the Project Engineering Manager on our Traffic Management projects.
What will be my Responsibilities?
- Support and assist the Project Manager and management team to monitor the progress of works and ensure that the development, design construction, testing and financial targets are met and effect remedial action where required.
- Ensure that the technical standards are maintained in all aspects of project work, in order that safe and successful project implementation and future reliability is achieved.
- Participate in and monitor the planning and progress of works in relation to timeline and budget and ensure that the development, design, construction and testing requirements are met and effect remedial action when required.
- Be the Project Manager’s engineering representative on projects.
- Assist with forecasting the overall engineering resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
- Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
- Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
- Act in the role of Contractor’s Engineering Manager as directed.
- Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and customers in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
- Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
- Review and assess the engineering aspects of project changes.
- Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time.
What Qualifications, Skills and Experience do I need?
- Excellent communications skills, understanding of task time and people management.
- Strong leadership skills including an ability to drive a team’s performance.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
- Member of the IET, IRSE or other recognised professional body.
- Chartered Engineer status.
- To have passed four modules in the IRSE Professional Examinations.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of Signal and Railway Engineering.
- Practical experience of the operational requirements of railway works.
- Knowledge of project safety requirements and contract conditions.
- 26 days holiday, increasing up to 29 days with length of service
- Excellent pension, with Siemens matching contributions up to 10% of pensionable salary
- Flexible benefits to suit your personal needs
- Flexible working policy
- Investment in personal development and support to membership of professional institutions
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individuals helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time