Siemens’ Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings, and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources.
Security is one of the most important enablers for the way we live and do business in a globalized world. Digitalization impacts all industries and is a powerful catalyst and enabler of change.
We currently have an exciting opportunity available for a motivated Security Service Technician to join our team in Brisbane, QLD. Reporting to the Service Manager, the primary focus of this role will be to carry out all day-to-day service, maintenance and/or installation/project activities ensuring compliance with customer satisfaction, quality, and safety standards.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• To effectively satisfy the customer's needs for preventative maintenance (PM), any updates/upgrades, corrective service, installations and/or workshop repairs in accordance with business contractual obligations (contract obligations or billing policy).
• Timely completion of Service Reports with good liaison with the Siemens Customer Care Centre (BTCC), management, sales, marketing and/or customers ensuring current location and job status is communicated back to BTCC.
• Comply with all Environment Health, Safety & Quality (EHSQ) policies, service escalation procedures and that all customer requests, complaints and comments communicated to the jobholder are passed to the relevant department for action.
• To maintain personal knowledge of safety instructions and operational procedures and participate in training courses including 'self-learning', computer based and 'on the job' training.
• The creation of quotations for small opportunities at your customer’s site.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated & technical-minded individual with a good understanding of access control, CCTV & intercom concepts. Previous experience in, and a very good understanding of IT & networking concepts is essential. A current Security Providers licence, or the ability to successfully gain one, as well as a Cablers Licence and Working with Children certificate is also essential. An Electrical Licence is preferred, though not essential. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and your ability to build sound working relationships both internally and externally will ensure your success in this role.
Joining a close-knit team that have great trust and respect for each other also requires you to live the following principals:
• Have ownership of your work and output, proud of doing a good job
• Being a self-starter that can work autonomously
• Seeks to solve problems themselves before asking assistance
• Works as part of the team
• Ability to, and willingness to learn, continuously.
• Represents Siemens in the market positively
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people.