Reporting directly to the Head of Electrical Infrastructure Sales, the Regional Sales Director – Northern Region with the responsibility of generating $250M+ of annual sales volume. In this role you will be responsible for demand generation and executing go-to-market strategies to ensure maximum penetration and exploitation of Siemens products and systems portfolio at electrical contractors. The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, a strategic mindset, a proven track record of driving profitable growth above market, demonstrated the ability to lead large teams successfully through change, and well-established relationships with key electrical contractors, distributors, and industry leaders.
It is highly preferred that the candidate lives in the New York area or within close proximity.
What skills and capabilities do we need from you?
- In-depth experience translating and executing strategies to grow sales in assigned area.
- Leading vs managing mentality (i.e. drive empowerment, accountability, diversity, inclusion, engagement).
- History of championing and executing transformational leadership inclusive of change management.
- Challenge vs Maintain mindset - (e.g. processes, systems, org design, go-to-market approach).
- Ability to drive and deliver results in dynamic matrixed environment.
- Experience growing sales through innovation balancing both short- and long-term objectives.
- Sales leadership with strong customer orientation specific to electrical contractors, general contractors.
- Strategic big picture thinking with collaborative approach.
- Lead a sales team optimizing sales strategies to accelerate growth and profitability.
- Nurture intimate and trusting relationships with key internal & external stakeholders.
- Foster collaboration with other sales teams for maximum account coverage and penetration in adjacent market segments.
- Proactively work across other Siemens organizations to leverage complimentary resources, solutions and or channels to obtain profitable growth and market share.
- Capitalize on emerging market opportunities and grow alternative channels.
- Provide leadership and actively drive sales efficiency/process excellence in partnership with BU Business Development organizations and other support teams.
- Establish strategic alliances outside the organization to develop market opportunities.
- Build a competitively high performing sales organization by attracting, developing, and retaining talent.
- Drive the organization to think and act in ways that continuously enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
1. Bachelor’s degree as well as 10+ years of proven competence and experience in a sales leadership in the Electrical Distribution Systems and Products market.
2. Proven track record of success operating with multiple channels to market including distributors, General Contractors, direct sales as well as alternative channels that purchase Electrical Distribution Products.
3. Strategic leader with excellent understanding of applicable customers, markets, business operations and people.
4. Willing to take measured risk and demonstrate the ability to act with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence in customer satisfaction.
5. Leads and proactively drives internal change that delivers compelling message to secure commitment.
6. Inspires and motivates others to deliver results.
7. Driven by impact and fosters a winning spirit.
8. Demonstrates effective communication, presentation, and networking skills at the executive level.
9. Experience in navigating global, highly matrixed organizations including culture and process.
10. Excellent track record of establishing strong customer relationships.
11. Candidate must be willing to travel 35%-50% throughout the region.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.