The internal events strategist is responsible for driving the strategy and leading the execution team for a defined set of Siemens internal events, targeting the Siemens Digital Industries sales, marketing, and services teams delivered as physical, virtual or hybrid experiences.
He or she supports the Director of Global Events as an advisor for developing the external event strategy, which drives a communication continuum of connected experiences that satisfy business requirements. And he or she works directly with event business owners and multiple key partners to define and execute the overall project plan for each event to ensure success against objectives.
- Drive coordinated, enterprise-wide and global events strategy for Siemens internal events targeting our sales, marketing, partners and services teams
- Together with the Business Owner of each event, define objectives based on business requirements
- Define metrics and related targets aligned to objectives for measuring the success of each event
- Oversee events measurement, including the design and operation of standardized dashboards to forecast, measure, analyze and report on event impact
- Build and handle overall project plan to drive efficient execution of each event
- Oversee the selection of agencies and third-party vendors required to execute against the business objectives
- Collaborate with the Global Digital Marketing Center and field marketing to ensure a cohesive pre-event, at-event and post-event strategy to increase audience engagement
- Proactively engage with event steering committees comprised of portfolio marketing managers, members of the sales team and other key stakeholders to coordinate their participation in the objective setting and planning processes and to communicate and optimize the impact of event activities
- Manage and reconcile event budgets
- Communicate to and educate executive leadership, customer-facing employees and other employees regarding event activities to build shared accountability in the success of each event
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ten or more years of related experience, including at least seven years of experience in event management and leadership in a business to business environment
- Hands-on corporate event planning and logistics experience, ideally within the same or similar industry
- Experience developing and executing virtual and hybrid events
- Proven success in increasing efficiencies and return on investment (ROI)
- Management of event communications to multiple complex stakeholder groups
- Selection of third-party vendors and agencies
- Management of projects, budgets and prioritization to support success and efficiency
- Previous demonstrated linkage of event efforts to an organization’s broader growth plan
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree/MBA preferred
- Certifications/affiliations strongly preferred: Certified Meeting Professional (CMP), Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP), Certificate in Meeting Management (CMM) and/or Digital Events Strategist Certification (DES)
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.