This role is split into two parts; one of these is as a Senior Planner for Bids & Tendering, the other part of the role is as a Primavera Systems Administrator, providing Primavera technical support to the System Owner as directed to reflect business requirements.
What are my responsibilities?
- Support the bid team and wider company with tender planning; this requires an applicant with a good understanding of the principles of railway signalling technology and terminology
- Maintenance of:
- SQL databases
- User lists
- Access profiles
- Licence allocation
- Core coding and global data sets (preserving system integrity)
- Resource dictionary
- Data structures
- User documentation
- Processes and procedures
- Archiving of data
- Importing and exporting of data
- Generic report creation
- Training and mentoring
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- Degree/HND/HNC level qualifications or relative demonstrable experience (essential)
- Experience of bid process and tender planning (essential)
- Experience of maintaining enterprise planning software to business requirements (essential)
- Experience of provision of data reports and extracts from business enterprise software at all levels (essential)
- Experience of working with senior management both internally and in the client organisation (essential)
- Excellent understanding of planning principles and their application (essential)
- Understanding of the principles of Earned Value (EV, EVA and EVM) (essential)
- Knowledge of risk identification, evaluation and application within planning software such as Primavera Risk Analyst within both tendering and delivery (essential)
- Technical planning expert to advanced Primavera level with knowledge and use of other planning tools such as MS Project (essential)
- Self-motivated with sound interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an assertive style of behaviour (essential)
- Practised analytical and problem-solving skills (essential)
- Ability to work from first principles (essential)
- Understanding of contracts and their application (essential)
- Capable of producing scalable reports as required (essential)
- Working within constrained time frames to meet bid requirements (essential)
- Technical/Engineering/Business background ideally with knowledge of railway signalling
- Working knowledge and experience of project management methodologies, e.g. Prince 2
- Creation of reports from concept within P6 using report writer and Visualizer
- Understanding of different enterprise deployment platforms
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time