In this Position can work anywhere in the United States - Location is Flexible
Siemens Industry – Factory Automation business unit has a Systems Engineer Motion Control position available. The position is focused on motion control solutions using a Siemens-centric architecture. The Systems Engineer is the technical lead for developing solutions and approaches to motion control applications.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team providing the best end to end industrial automation solutions in the market. Siemens is leading the charge in providing innovative solutions to bolster the manufacturing renaissance in the US.Responsibilities
- Acts as the technical lead for motion control solutions for the US market.
- Generates specific motion control collateral such as application notes and demo’s for reuse by others.
- Actively participates in account planning sessions in collaboration with PMa business development, local sales and technical resources on strategic motion opportunities.
- Provides customers and account representatives with technical product advice and demonstration support during pre-sales discussions.
- Assist customers with commissioning machines, debugging sophisticated motion control systems and machine processes, testing and tuning technology functions, and tuning and optimizing machine performance.
- Work closely with the PMa vertical industry segments to ensure that industry specific solutions are developed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Develops and presents technical proposals, including product demonstrations and product prototypes.
- Guides the account teams to develop plans that are feasible within cost, time, and environment constraints.
- Performs sophisticated hardware and/or software design consultation in accordance with customer/project needs.
- Supports marketing and knowledge transfer through participation in events such as product/technology core teams and Siemens technical conferences.
- Implements an ongoing personal learning and development plan focusing on technical skills and soft skills.
This position will specialize in application and product support for the following products:
- S7-1500/1500T with TIA Portal software
- Simotion with Scout software
- Sinamics S and G drives with Starter and Startdrive software
- Digitalization/Virtualization with Mechatronics Concept Designer software
A System Engineer Motion is experienced in motion architectures involving multiple products and technologies and has extensive knowledge in architecting sophisticated solutions. A Systems Engineer may have extensive knowledge in implementing motion control solutions in multiple vertical industries such as packaging, printing, converting, and metals.
- Technical Skills Required
- HMI Panels
- Engineering Soft Skills Required
- Solution fitting
- Proof of concept
- Tech selling
- Mentoring/Knowledge transfer
- Communicating well with customers
- BS in engineering field.
- Knowledge of competitor’s product is a plus.
- Travel can be approximately 30% of working hours, depending where position is located.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.