Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
This position reports to the Branch General Manager and works with Zone management on a dotted line basis to achieve zone order intake targets.
We are hiring a strategic project/ smart building business development manager for Alberta/BC. Based in Alberta, the position will act as the Branch strategic leader in all aspects of developing, selling, and implementing digital smart building solutions. The BDM works as an integral member of the branch team, which includes sales and operations manager, account executives, project engineers, project developers and project managers. Your focus will be on some of the largest most prominent projects/ customers in Western Canada. You will lead and influence the smart buildings of tomorrow! Come join our dynamic team of highly skilled professionals.
What will you do?
- Develop and lead strategic project pursuit
- Work within Siemens internal and external ecosystem to enhance customer focuses use-cases
- Creates and manages Branch business and tier relationship development strategies
- Tracks and reports running pipeline of opportunities in close collaboration with branch and zone leadership
- Engage proper HQ resources as required for project development
- Proactively position Siemens as a technology and energy partner with general contractors, consultants, and end-users
- Works in close collaboration with Zone integration and network engineer team
What you will need to succeed?
- Mechanical, Electrical or Information Technology Engineering Degree is preferred
- Technical proficiency, expertise knowledge related to Smart Buildings and structures
- 5+ years of relevant industry work experience
- MS Office Knowledge, skills, or expertise including advanced presentation skills
- Customer Relationship Management Experience
- Required amount of travel is 30-40%
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
- The main objective of this role is to achieve Branch solutions order and gross margin targets.
- Achieve smart building order intake target
- Migrate existing customer base to smart building solutions
- Lead tier construction market approach utilizing smart building, IoT and ecosystem solutions to differentiate Siemens in the marketplace and on target projects/ accounts
- Educate Branch sales and operations teams to successfully sell and execute smart building solutions
- Provide guidance to branch sales management on strategic project acquisition
- Conduct internal training sessions
- Conduct external training sessions for consulting engineers, general contractors, and existing customers
- Provide project specific strategic guidance and leadership
- Provide project specific presentations
- Enhance and innovate current solution set
- Provide in depth, vertical market specific, customer research back to corporate office
- Construction specification development
Preferred Qualifications: The list of preferred qualifications are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
- BS/BA in engineering or related discipline, or advanced degree, preferred.
- 5-10 years of sales/ business development and operations experience
- General knowledge of IT/OT/ LV systems, converged networks and cybersecurity
- A strong consultative technical approach to understanding customer needs and communicating solutions that solve their project/ business use-cases.
- Industry certifications such as LEED, PMP, etc.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.