Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
As the Service Operations & Maintenance Manager (O&M) is responsible for the assigned diesel electric trainset fleet's maintenance aspects to be fulfilled throughout all life cycle phases. The O&M Manager will build and lead a Technical Support team spread across multiple locations to deliver the objectives of high standards in safety, performance, and reliability per the Technical Support and Spares Agreement (TSSSA). As the O&M Manager, you will develop strong and successful relationships with our Customers' key stakeholders and ensure the fleet is fully compliant with all Rail regulations, group standards, and Siemens Policies. The O&M Manager will have full responsibility for the Siemens maintenance support services, including personnel and material in various locations throughout Quebec and Ontario.
This role reports to the Project Manager, who provides functional supervision and sets out targets to be achieved. The incumbent will have broad autonomy to reach the end result. Approximately 15-25 employees report into this position.
The nature of the contract will require a high degree of flexibility and willingness to travel
What will you do?
- Build a strong Trainset Maintenance Service Team (e.g., resource planning, recruitment of a competent and effective team, qualification/training of the maintenance team).
- Manage and supervise the Siemens Team Leaders and Technicians, who are employed within the Service organization as well as any temporary personnel within this section.
- Responsible for the budget of the materials, spare parts and personnel used by his teams
- Promote a Zero Harm culture at Siemens Mobility through the development, implementation, review, and communication of EH&S Policies and Procedures at the local level.
- Responsible for the safety of work of his subordinates and the used equipment and tools
- Responsible for safeguarding and safety of the depot infrastructure within Siemens responsibility required for service delivery (workplaces, resources, special tools, etc.)
- Drive modification planning (also comprises the requirements for material and staff for modifications and improvements).
- Adapt and optimize the equipment during maintenance operations.
- Support the Customer with the maintenance of the depot and its equipment.
- Manage contracts with suppliers (including the claim process and documentation of all claims).
- Prepare and distribute internal and external reports.
- Track and optimize the defined KPIs from the service contract over the duration of the project (reliability, availability, safety, etc.).
- Ensure field data acquisition and data analysis during maintenance and overhaul.
- Handle all formal and informal customer requests and complaints.
- Align Siemens maintenance priorities with customer expectations and contract obligations.
- Monitor the delivery of maintenance services and take appropriate actions to preserve contract performance.
- Prepare and host meetings with senior management and customers.
- Ensure departmental procedures and documentation are reviewed, current, and effectively implemented within the project.
- Be the conduit to the field - conduct regular meetings with field personnel and managers to share company information, updates, etc.
- Responsible for appropriate actions or escalation in the event of incidents within the Service organization
What will you need to succeed?
- Demonstrated leadership, ability, and initiative.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Understanding of industry maintenance best practice.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and principles.
- Detailed technical knowledge, theoretical and practical operation of the system and components of rolling stock vehicles.
- Sound knowledge of work practices, work instruction manuals, and train maintenance, with highly developed product knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Sound knowledge of maintenance management, familiarity with the rail industry, equipment, terminology, and regulatory obligations.
- Experience in managing and leading multi-functional teams in a rail environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a mechanical or electrical discipline.
- At least eight years of comparable work experience.
- Familiar with PM@Siemens, Project Management Professional (PMP)®, or other Project Management methodology and terminology.
- Knowledge of OSHA Law and Regulations and the Code of Federal Regulations CFR-49
- Demonstrates a good understanding of digitalization and automation
- Able to demonstrate well-developed computer skills.
- Contract and finance experience.
- Experience in managing budgets.
- Language skills in French and English are essential
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.