Siemens Mobility is the global market leader for mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and ecofriendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people around the globe. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems and rail electrification. Our data-driven services offer customers unrivaled value-added in the rail sector. Our intelligent mobility solutions increase the availability of infrastructure, optimize throughput and create a new quality of passenger experience. We call this Ingenuity for Life.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
The Reliability Engineer for Siemens Diesel electric trainsets is responsible for developing performance indicators to monitor the allocated fleet(s) and identify opportunities to improve the designated fleet's reliability and performance. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for investigating and implementing continuous improvements for the Siemens Diesel electric trainsets fleet(s) and providing specialist technical support to the maintenance teams. The Reliability Engineer also has the overall responsibility for coordination, implementation, improvement, and performance of field experience related tasks and activities and is the point of contact for Headquarters regarding field experience related topics.
As a qualified electrical or mechanical engineer with knowledge of rail safety legislation, the successful candidate will have proven experience supporting rollingstock maintenance.
This role reports to the Service Operations Manager, who provides functional supervision and sets out targets to be achieved.
- Ensure the field experience data and information is collected thoroughly and completely
- through the given tools, e.g. Salesforce, SAP or MAXIMO, comprising all corrective and preventive maintenance activities and material use.
- Ensure the field experience data and information is correct and plausible through continuous evaluation. Provide immediate feedback to the data capturer/collector in case the collected information does not meet requirements when evaluated.
- For selected cost and failure drivers collect and add additional information like environmental information and diagnostic information to understand the correlation of failure/cost determining factors.
- Initiate and follow-up root cause analysis for selected failure and cost drivers to reduce non-conformance costs.
- Ensure the quality of the bill of material/master data supports the quality of field experience results.
- Responsible for creating field experience KPIs and reporting.
- Responsible for field experience process and workflow implementation and improvement.
- Investigate and progress continuous improvements for the fleet, overseeing modifications to maintain or enhance the diesel locomotive's performance.
- Provide specialist technical support to the maintenance teams and produce and manage the reliability improvement program.
- Responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the performance regime.
- Develop and implement KPI's to monitor fleet performance based on contractual requirements.
- Monitor reliability and performance trends and develop improvement proposals.
- Undertake technical investigations and root cause analyses as required.
- Represent Siemens at the monthly contractual review meeting with the Customer to present reliability and performance information.
- Designated point of contact for the Customer's engineering team requiring day to day performance information.
- Investigate and then negotiate with the Customer to determine contractual responsibility for Technical Incidents and service delays.
- Produce reports for Fleet Performance and Reliability as required by internal and external customers.
- Review all defects and actions taken to rectify those to a satisfactory level
- Provide guidance to ensure that the maintenance staff is competent in carrying out mechanical/electrical fault finding and maintenance repairs.
- Undertake project planning, reviews and process improvement as directed, in relation to rolling stock fleet management.
- Participate in regular communication meetings internal and external including Failure Review Board, engineering procedural change briefings, safety and reliability performance meetings and monthly project meetings.
- Drive the development of useful data collection systems relating to locomotive conditions, performance, and reliability.
- Monitor maintenance practices and assist with continuous improvement programs as required.
- Supply clear, concise, accurate, and timely reports in line with specified performance targets.
- Produce technical reports for internal and external distribution.
- Produces troubleshooting procedures and methods to assist the maintenance teams.
- Quality Control
- Perform regular reliability audits to ensure the quality of work is undertaken to a high standard.
- Together with Quality Assurance, undertake compliance audits of locomotive maintenance and report non-conformances.
- Ensure the Siemens Charger maintenance documentation is up to date.
- Ensure rail safety standards are complied with and participate in safety audits as necessary.
- Actively promote a strong safety culture through continuous reviews of procedures and guidance, proactive involvement in safety meetings, job planning, and risk assessments.
- Provide support to the Materials Manager through the identification of locomotive components and their suppliers.
- Responsible for monitoring performance against contractual KPIs by collecting and analyzing data and preparing reports as required.
- Perform other tasks and functions within the limits of the employee's skills, competence, and training.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or vocational training with verifiable experience in rolling stock maintenance.
- Experience in developing and monitoring key performance indicators
- Understand Rolling Stock maintenance regimes and fault finding principles
- Contract and commercial understanding
- Profound French and English language capabilities
- Sound management skills, including the ability to provide clear advice, direction, and appropriate feedback to multi-disciplinary maintenance teams.
- Well-developed leadership skills, including the ability to empower teams and individuals and to provide support that enables the Customer to succeed.
- Ability to introduce and drive culture and system changes that contribute to improving the operation of the organization.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed conceptual, analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to achieve agreed deadlines through the use of effective teamwork.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of MS Excel and other Data Analytics tools like Tableau, Power BI or Spotfire
- The preferred candidate will have a background in rolling stock maintenance, commissioning, or another rail-related experience and is a Certified Reliability Engineer.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.