Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as a Biochemist 1.
Are you ready to investigate and resolve customer concerns with diagnostic test performance in the context of a cross functional team environment?
In this role, you will Participate in and investigate customer event issues/ manufacturing issues.
You will also Support critical business need of New Instrument project.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Biochemist 1, you will be responsible for:
- You will coordinate and carry out investigations and implement corrective and preventive actions
- You will create and participate in the design of experiments
- You will coordinate and performs data analysis and writes internal reports and documentation
- You will coordinate and perform customer investigations following written protocols, prepares summary reports escalations
- You may lead a team or directly investigate current assay performance vs alternative applications in the field
- You may lead a team or directly investigate the performance of raw materials used in the manufacture of immunoassays
- You will work in the laboratory running Centaur family of instruments and Atellica instruments with serum and other biological fluids of human and animal origin
- You may conduct literature searches to help respond to customer escalations
Required knowledge/skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Medical Technology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, advanced degree preferred
- Typical job related experience: 3+ years
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues
- Strong work ethic, excellent written and communication skills and ability to work as a project leader as well as an independent contributor
- Must be flexible and demonstrate the ability to switch priorities to meet business needs.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Advanced degree in Medical Technology, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry preferred
- Good understanding and knowledge of polyclonal and monoclonal antibodies and principles of immunodiagnostic technology as well as experience with immunoassays desired
- Experience with automated immunoassay analyzers and/or ELISA and chemiluminescent technology, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Office, and Minitab helpful
- Industrial diagnostics tests development or support, Clinical Laboratory; Medical Technology experience a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.