Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
What will you do?
As a Security Project Lead, you will ensure that the installation, commissioning and verification of Security Systems are carried out in accordance with the project plan. You will be responsible for organizing schedules and managing financial aspects and resources to oversee effective project execution while working with technicians, coordinators, technical managers and the client. The territory covered is mainly the Greater Montreal area, but there will occasionally be projects in other regions of Quebec.
- Oversee project execution and ensure it meets the established requirements (e.g., budget, timeline, functionality, client satisfaction).
- Lead technical specialists, coordinators, subcontractors and suppliers to orchestrate project execution with maximum quality and efficiency.
- Ensure that all financial elements and activities are in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Communicate project progress and ensure quick decision-making.
- Negotiate change orders and ensure that they are executed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Ensure that health and safety measures are rigorously implemented on the project site and elsewhere, and that no compromises are made with regard to Siemens’ “Zero Injury” culture.
- Bring a “client satisfaction” mentality to the project team and facilitate good interactions with the client and/or end user to build a relationship that will result in a high net retention rate.
What will you need to succeed?
- Minimum of a college diploma in a technical field (electromechanics, electrical) or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the security systems industry (access control, video) or in networking
- Minimum 2 years of experience in effective and responsible management of concurrent projects - or equivalent responsibilities for sub-projects
- Relevant work experience with financial KPIs, P&L, and cash management
- Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.