This is a product management role responsible for low voltage Controls Products within Siemens Smart Infrastructure operating company, Electrical Products business unit. This role will be focus on portfolio strategy, product roadmaps, new product introductions, pricing and overall product lifecycle management. This is an excellent role for a product management professional in the electrical industry, or for an individual with an engineering, business marketing or sales background that has a strong aptitude and desire for product portfolio management responsibilities. The ideal candidate would be highly motivated, possess strong communication and teamwork skills, and have experience in the electrical industry.
What you will do:
The overall responsibility of this position is to manage part of Siemens Control Products portfolio for the NAFTA market. As stated above, this position will have heavy focuses on portfolio strategy, product roadmap development /management, launching new products, development of sales tools, pricing strategy and general product lifecycle management from inception to obsolescence. This is a globally cross-functional role that will involve regular coordination with many departments including global and regional Product Management, R&D, Application Engineering, Marketing, Sales, Logistics, Pricing, Finance, and Data Management. Estimated travel in this role is approximately 20%, post-COVID.
At Siemens, we live and cultivate an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We invest in you, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 ofﬁces in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Engineering Management or Business Marketing
- 5+ years of experience in a professional work environment.
- 3+ years of product management, marketing, sales, logistics or R&D experience, preferably with electrical or electromechanical products
- Strong technical aptitude - ability to interpret and author technical product speciﬁcations
- Excellent communication skills - verbal / non-verbal and technical / non-technical
- Strong data analysis, problem solving, report writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask and manage product management activities per a schedule
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally (~20%, post-COVID)
What will set you apart from the others:
- Proven experience in product lifecycle management (PLM) or general project management
- Knowledge and experience with low voltage Controls: relays, motor controls, limit switches, machine safety, industrial fieldbus (Profibus/Profinet, EtherNet I/P, Modbus, etc.)
- Basic understanding of NAFTA industrial and/or construction markets
- Basic level of skill and capability with SAP and Web Focus
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.