Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a safe and secure environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Provides product and application expertise in Building Products, Fire Products VAP Technical and Sales staff, BP Territory Managers. Creates and delivers training, applications and engineering support for VAP Field Technicians, Engineers and others. Provides on-site technical troubleshooting for resolution of customer issues. Provides advanced technical assistance for Applications and Sales activities. Provides new product feedback, support and training. Provides critical technical on-boarding expertise and support for new VAP partners for enhanced rapid assimilation into Building Technologies products and workflows.
- Diagnoses and resolves technical problems on jobs and provides appropriate reports to management (Siemens and VAP)
- Troubleshoots issues and become the Customer advocate for technical issues.
- Leverage remote connectivity to improve rapid problem solving with technicians
- Works with other Building Products Experts, Field Support, and Product Management and Development to develop and share technical solutions and workflows.
- Assist with training efforts of the segment and act as a coordinator for training sessions.
- Stays current with BP product documentation and communicates updates to field technicians and specialists
- Maintains technical expertise on all products, tools, through continuing education
- Coaches VAP Field Technicians on company systems and service offerings.
- Provides VAP technical sales assistance and support on latest company products.
- Provides Beta Site support and works with Product Development engineering teams and Field Support.
- Performs product demonstrations and communicates design strategies to VAP Sales
- Leads meetings in order to ensure best practice sharing and teamwork.
- Participates in advisory teams and Key User groups (PAC) for new product development and releases, and technical training
- Provides Manager and VAP management site visit reports of all activities performed (Sales support, Technical and Application support, training, mentoring, etc…). Suggests ways to continuously improve.
- Supports all VAP personnel, in the offices in the assigned Region and assists cross regionally as needed.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- BS/BA in related discipline preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10+ yrs field Fire Alarm Systems experience preferred.
- Certifications and field experience for Siemens systems are preferred.
- Demonstrates and applies an advanced knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of complex assignments.
- Successfully applies knowledge of complex concepts, practices, and procedures specialization.
- Demonstrates knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for conducting company product training courses for VAP technical and sales staff.
- Excellent analytical problem-solving
- Demonstrates leadership skills to mentor VAP technical Operations teams and to lead complex issues to resolution with minimal business impact.
- Must be able to obtain security clearance for Federal installations.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive flex vacation, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.