As the world’s only integrated Technology Company spanning the entire energy conversion chain, Siemens offers a comprehensive range of building automation systems and HVAC products for every area of use such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, cooling and energy efficiency. These building management systems are optimally matched so our customers profit, not only from minimised installation and operating costs, but from a high level of security against failure as well.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Project Manager to join our growing team in Sydney. As a Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and completion of projects of building control systems. You will be required to work closely with customers, developing rapport and a good understanding of a building's performance. You will be expected to take ownership of all projects allocated to you. Smaller projects are to be delivered autonomously. Larger projects will receive support from technical disciplines (e.g. engineers and technicians) to ensure project timelines can be met but delivery of the successful project remains the responsibility of the Technical Project Manager.
Some of the responsibilities included in this role are as follows:
• The operational delivery of projects in line with client contractual requirements, program and procedure, and all relevant legislation.
• Produce wiring diagrams, functional descriptions, schedules, and software in line with Siemens standards.
• Managing the project financials relating to billing, pricing variations and helping accounts to receive payments where necessary.
• Manage technicians, site supervisors and contractors (if required)
• Ensure defects liability period requirements are met.
• Ensure project completion is on time and within budget.
• Contribute with the tendering process in relation to methodology, buildability, and project risk management.
• Assist with the implementation any new of policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all workplace health and safety policies are adhered to.
• Assist in the preparation of Safe Work Method Statements and ensure they are followed on site.
• Support and coach other members of staff where able.
In order to be considered for this opportunity, the successful candidate will need to possess the following:
• Solid experience with HVAC fundamentals and mechanical systems
• Knowledge and experience of building management systems
• Project management experience with projects up to $5m
• Experience with project engineering and commissioning
• Experience with software programming
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• The ability to lead a project team, motivating team members to deliver a successful project
• The ability to demonstrate strong customer engagement and relationship skills
• Tertiary qualification in engineering or a trade certificate
• Hold a current driver’s license and must be able to hold a Working with Children check
At Siemens, we look for people that demonstrate the following:
• Ownership of work and output, proud of doing a good job
• Self-starter that can work autonomously
• Seek to solve problems themselves before asking assistance
• Work as part of the team
• Represent Siemens in the market positively
The successful candidate will also have a desire to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction with a knowledge and drive to improve business operating efficiencies whilst attaining operational and customer related goals. You will enjoy working in a solid team environment and you will have work experience in service, maintenance and or installation of HVAC systems and/or controls.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people.