Mode of Employment: Limited
Use your knowledge as a springboard.
Do you like the sound of finding the smartest solution side by side with professionals and experts? If so, complete your bachelor’s or master’s thesis with us. We can help you to combine knowledge, discover connections, and formulate ideas. When you join our team, you will gain an insight into a range of departments and processes. It is a chance like no other to break new ground as we head into the future of electrification, automation, and digitalization. Seize this opportunity today!
Change the future with us.
Our R&D department develops technologies for the future of additive manufacturing on an industrial scale. We always focus on specific products and applications in order to develop new products and solutions for the Siemens Business Units. An essential part of our work consists of innovations in the field of plant and control technology as well as in materials engineering.
- The focus of your thesis is the investigation of possibilities and limitations in the production of large biomimetic components in robot-based wire-arc additive manufacturing.
- During your work you will conduct experiments on the robot-based cell, which is controlled by the SINUMERIK RunMyRobot controller.
- You will design complex demonstrators in NX and optimize the geometries, if necessary, using various part and process simulations that you will perform within your thesis.
- You use Computer Aided Manufacturing and machine simulations to prove the manufacturability already in NX.
- You will manufacture your optimized demonstrators on the robot-based cell and ensure the process stability during the manufacturing process.
- You will work with aluminum alloys.
What you need to make real what matters.
- You are currently enrolled in a technical or scientific degree, e.g. mechanical engineering, mechatronics or engineering sciences in general.
- You already have experience with CAD/CAM for creation of complex components, e.g. by means of free-form modelling.
- You bring the necessary creativity to develop new use cases.
- In the best case you already have experience in handling CNC controlled systems and in additive manufacturing.
- You enjoy scientific and practical work and convince us personally through a structured and independent working style.
- Very good written and oral English skills are required, German skills would be an asset.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
if you wish to find out more about Siemens before applying.
if you have more questions please contact: www.siemens.de/fragenzurbewerbung
if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time