Company: SISW - EDA
Job Title: Software Engineer – C++ - SISW - 247577
Job Location: Fremont, CA
Job Category: R&D Software Engineering
This individual will be part of the Siemens EDA FPGA Prototyping R&D team based in Fremont, California. The Fremont team is a key development site for Mentor’s exciting new Veloce Prototyping System product (VPS). As a contributing engineer, the individual will participate in the design, specification, implementation, test, and
maintenance of VPS features. The Fremont team primarily develops a compiler for ASIC and SoC Validation on FPGA hardware systems. The software flow compiles a design’s high level description (e.g Processor or GPU for mobile applications) into
bitfiles that can be loaded and run on the FPGA hardware system. The compiler synthesizes the design, partitions it, and then routes signals between the FPGA’s over physical tracks on the hardware.
Specific technical responsibilities include:
- Design, implementation and tuning of clocking and logic analysis algorithms
- Design and implement various design transformations necessary for FPGA compliance
- Software performance analysis and tuning
- Hardware system performance analysis and tuning
- Full software life cycle activities: Specifications, Design, Implementation, Test, and Maintenance
Specific desired job qualifications include:
- Experience in C++ language programming
- Experience developing in a Linux OS environment
- Knowledge of digital hardware design fundamentals
- Strong debugging skills
- Knowledge of Python and Tcl is a bonus
- The candidate should be a self-motivated team player who values quality-oriented and performance-oriented software engineering
- The candidate should be a good communicator who asks questions about requirements when needed, and gets feedback on architecture and design ideas when needed
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.