Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Creating Environments that Care
Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries, enhancing the way we live and work to significantly improve efficiency and sustainability.
Making real what matters: Humans care. We want an urban, sustainable, livable world that optimally combines real and digital solutions. We address infrastructure challenges, contributing to sustainable development and creating the best possible environments in which to live and work.
With smart infrastructure from Siemens, we intelligently connect energy systems, buildings, and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps us to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive and communities to progress.
Digital Grid Business Unit
The Digital Grid Business Unit is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
Digital Grid key portfolio element include substation automation, protection, metering & communications; grid control; smart grid applications, analytics & IoT offerings; grid planning and simulation.
We are headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with major locations in Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; Fairfax, VI, and Wendell, NC. No relocation is required.
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
If you are looking for a career that will contribute to shaping the future of tomorrow, that will impact the sustainability of the energy industry, with work side by side the brightest minds in the industry let’s talk!
Scope of the Position
The EnergyIP® Meter Data Management (MDM) sales executive is the entrepreneur for their assigned portfolio areas – MDM on premise and Software as a Service (SaaS). They leverage knowledge of both the local market and the product to develop and drive sales initiatives through all channels – both direct and indirect. They conduct activities conducive to their business both directly with customers, with resellers, as well as through others in the organization (e.g. account managers and internal Siemens channels).
Key responsibilities include:
- Develops and drives the execution of sales strategies, account plans, campaigns and product-specific regional growth initiatives
- Proactively steers + supports local sales partners & channels. Constantly drives to increase partner sales and onboard new partners
- Maintains pipeline and sales KPIs / forecast
- Supports & catalyzes the local launch / roll-out of new offerings such as MDM SaaS
- Customer presentations, offer creation and deal closure
- Establish and maintain deep relationships with customers in East region of USA, also on C-level, as well as the various sales and solutions channels – both internal and external (e.g. with RAM, PSS, Advanta, industry distributors)
- Maintain transparency and ownership of the pipeline and forecast for their region – across all channels
- Maintain understanding of the local market for their region
- Engage in a mutually encouraging way with global sales and product management to ensure local sales activities fit into the bigger global picture and vice versa
- Articulate and spread the key value proposition and knowledge of the product across their region, enabling and inspiring others around them
- Order Intake achievement for assigned portfolio area
- Rapid establishment and weekly update of pipeline and related reports
- Build and maintain customer relationships at critical accounts
- Develop and contribute MDM/AMI/SaaS market proficiency supporting offerings/sales
- BS/BA degree in related discipline or advanced degree
- 8 years of prior experience in MDM/AMI/CIS/SaaS
- Experienced sales, business development manager with ability to learn core value propositions of software products
- Familiarity with Utilities (IOU, municipalities, and cooperatives) and understanding buying process for MDM
- Background and proven sales experience in MDM, CIS or AMI Head End
- Can persistently “think customer” and “customer value focus” in areas that are typically new to customers
- Shows proven leadership abilities
- Proactively owning and focusing on growing order intake
- Forming & using positive relationships with an inspirational character
- Driving opportunities to closure
- Must have the ability to travel 40% of time
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.