Function description (roles/accountabilities):
As Product Manager Acoustics, you will assist the Business Product Line Manager Acoustics in the product management and the go-to-market of Siemens’ Simcenter 3D Acoustics, a software suite with high-end solutions for prediction and optimization of the acoustic performance of virtual product designs.
The function includes, but is not limited to, the following tasks:
Product Creation Process
Through his/her regular contacts with the customers and by being present in the market place for Acoustic simulation, the product manager identifies which are the key new developments for the Simcenter 3D Acoustics product to drive its commercial growth. He/she can also synthesize in detail the requirements for these developments to convey them clearly to the Product Development teams.
As a Product Manager, you will very likely also act as Product Owner of a Development Scrum Team. Your main tasks here are project management, maintaining a backlog of tasks to work on for the next release of the product, assuring right priority settings in this backlog, for optimal business impact. You are also responsible for signing off the work by having the newly developed parts of the software tested on the relevant customer- and industry-related workflows. You also involve customers in early pre-release testing to gather these workflows as well as customer feedback while developments are still ongoing.
Business Development and Marketing
For this function, there is a requirement in view of promoting the product into the marketplace. This is done by a mix of customer visits/meetings, webinars, blog posts etc. Internally, you will be promoting the Simcenter 3D Acoustics solutions to our SalesForce, in so-called enablement training. The Product Manager Acoustics will also be supporting the Marketing team and Business Development team, with segment marketing programs as well as with the launch of every major product release.
Translating existing technical features of the product into clear, verifiable customer benefits is a core task to successfully fulfill this requirement. The the clear and ultimate objective is tangible increased revenue of Simcenter 3D Acoustics.
Provide training and second-line support:
Sales training, new hires training, commercial training to the application and pre-sales engineers in the field are carried out on a regular basis in Leuven or in the field.
The Product Manager Acoustics is the expert in his/her field and can be relied upon for second-line support, towards pre-sales and post-sales engineers, when they are working on benchmarks or non-trivial questions from prospects and customers.
· Educational Level: minimum University level degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Experience of at least 3 years in CAE.
· Specific personal competencies: passionate about simulation technology in general and NVH and Acoustics specifically, analytical thinking, high customer focus, willing to travel internationally, team player, excellent oral and written communication skills in English, able to entertain both technical meetings with the Development team and techno-commercial meetings to inspire the Sales Force and discuss with the Marketing team, eager to learn constantly.
· Specific technical competencies:
· Some CAE experience with leading FEA software such as for example Simcenter 3D, (any) NASTRAN, ANSYS, ABAQUS is a must
· Knowledge of Auralization, Virtual Reality, Audio Engineering tools, DSP, filtering and convolution techniques is an asset
· Knowledge in high frequency techniques for vibro-acoustic simulations is an asset: ray tracing, statistical energy analysis, Energy FEM.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time