Do you want to be part of an award-winning company that puts its people at the center of everything it does? Come and join a company that Glassdoor ranks as one of best places to work in the UK!
We are currently recruiting for Environment and Sustainability Advisor to join us in Siemens Mobility. We have opportunities working on very exciting projects supporting our Rail Infrastructure business across different locations in the UK – London, Croydon, Chippenham, Birmingham, York and Glasgow.
Due to the nature of the roles, there will be an element of travel UK required, as well as occasional requirements to work nights and some weekends, therefore we are looking for someone who can adapt their working week to support the needs of the business.
This is your role
- Develop project specific environment and social documentation including Environment and Social Management Plans (ESMPs), Environment and Social Risk Assessments (ESRAs) and Site Waste Management Plans (SWMPs)
- Ensure project teams are aware of and have appropriately programmed for management of environment and social issues especially those related to permits, licences, and consents
- Identify and assist in the implementation of project-level environmental and social opportunities
- Ensure integration of environmental and social deliverables (e.g.: key documentation, data collection and reporting, training, etc) within project activities
- Request attendance at and actively participate in project meetings; Manage and undertake environmental and social inspections and audits of projects/offices/sites/depots (including in other regions as required)
- Be the lead technical support for any environmental and/or social incident investigations
- Develop and deliver (or directly assist in) environmental and social training to staff and contractors
- Be aware of and communicate emerging environmental and social legislation and best practices, working in conjunction with regional and corporate counterparts
- Work in collaboration with all project team members (e.g.: EHS, commercial, construction, design, etc) and actively work with Client counterpart and other contractors (e.g.: principal contractors, alliance organisations, supply chain partners, etc) to drive environment and social deliverables at project level
- Engage and manage external specialists (e.g.: for ecology, noise, or community engagement) to deliver specific project-level advice, services or other support
- Prepare high quality, tailored responses, for project specific environment and social bid questions
- Support development and implementation of corporate environment and social sustainability workstreams, where requested
What qualifications and experience will you need?
- Degree or diploma in environmental, social or sustainability field
- Membership of a relevant professional organisation (eg: IEMA, CIWEM, IES, Social Value UK)
- Proven experience in environment and/or social sustainability
- Current (or clear timeline to achieving) Practitioner Membership of IEMA (or equivalent)
- Detailed knowledge of one or more specific environment or social topics
- Willingness to learn and apply knowledge on less familiar environment and social topics
- Ability to prepare high quality written documentation
- Ability to effectively engage with both office and site based personnel
- Willingness to provide guidance and constructive feedback to colleagues on environmental and social management issues
- Experience in the development and/or delivery of environment and social briefing materials
- Experience within the construction and/or rail industry preferable but not essential
- Actively engaged in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time