Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
May reside in any major US metropolitan city within 50 miles of a major airport!
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position creates unique design solutions to meet specific customer requirements for commercial building automation systems in new and existing facilities. The right candidate will make recommendations for productivity improvements and cost reductions to increase customer satisfaction and job profitability. They will also be expected to work independently and efficiently without the local support of a branch due to this being a remote position.
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer and may participate in job site walkthroughs for complex or larger projects.
- Designs systems for complex or larger facilities which, depending on the system type, may include mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, valve and damper schedules layout, various security system devices, readers, etc., and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Modifies sequences as required.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Oversees the process of material selection and products.
- Makes recommendations related to productivity improvement and cost reduction to increase customer satisfaction and increase profitability of jobs.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of sales estimates and job layouts.
- Performs Quality Assurance of peer review for engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Engineering Team.
- Minimum Associate degree; candidates with at least 2+ years of engineering systems experience will also be considered. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- EIT, ASHRE, NICET, or CISSP certifications are a plus
- Ability to design medium to large complex jobs with some deviation using standard tools, products, and practices
- Strong knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and AutoCAD, CAD Training, or other engineering design software application
- Proficient with the use of Siemens Design Tool
- Proficient with the use of SAP.
- Proficient in Bluebeam Revu 2017 and/or Adobe Pro preferred
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.