Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
May reside in any major US metropolitan city within 50 miles of a major airport!
What you will do at Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive, and responsible environments. Our aim isn’t just about improving buildings, it’s about creating perfect places that improve people’s lives. This position is responsible for deployment of assigned projects that are managed through the Zone Technical Center. This includes assembling customer solutions off-site and installing Digital Deployment Packages, performing factory testing, documenting completeness, and performing remote commissioning and support for panel and controller level equipment. The right candidate will make recommendations for productivity improvements and cost reductions to increase customer satisfaction and job profitability. They will also be expected to work independently and efficiently without the local support of a branch due to this being a remote position.
- Gathers all documents required to enable a functioning system, including product licensing, firmware, panel and controller level databases.
- Provides all required technical files for third party system integrations.
- Provides required testing protocol for all system components.
- Loads programs to enable a functioning system including product licenses, firmware updates, panel programming, graphics, setting IP addresses, setting jumpers on all hardware, and properly applying labels to all materials.
- Tests hardware loaded with software to ensure expected results, including I/O level testing, alarm messaging functioning as expected, and all system integrations.
- Performs Quality Assurance on the deployment package and turns over solution to field technical resources.
- Performs migrations from P2 to BacNet.
- Ensures customer expectations are met and resolves customer issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Updates cloud based project site with testing results and technical documents as required.
- Receives and tracks work via workflow management software.
- Provides remote commissioning of panel and controller level logic.
- Acts as a technical resource to all ZTC and field resources.
- May be responsible for customer training as needed.
- Provides input and feedback on digital deployment process.
- Creates documentation for other Digital Deployment Specialists.
- Executes application of SI RSS AM standards.
- Associate degree in Electronics, Computer Science or other related technical field preferred.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in the specialized area of Building Automation, Fire System or Security systems.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, construction methods, Internet of Things and API integrations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook software programs.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.