Reporting directly to the site’s Distribution Center Manager; the Operations Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of the Shipping and Receiving Departments of the Siemens Distribution Center in La Mirada, CA. This position supervises 10-15 hourly union employees across the assigned shift. The Operations Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to manage the assigned shift efficiently and effectively to yield daily output targets with all safety and quality performance standards met. In addition, this role is the first line of engagement for ER concerns from the operational team and is responsible for overseeing the development of personnel entrusted to their leadership.
The hours for the position are 3:00pm to 11:30pm.
- Create a positive working environment that will allow employees to be motivated and productive in the facility.
- Drive a culture of ownership among workforce and foster a positive, energetic, and collaborative environment in which teamwork and diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
- Evaluate bottlenecks to determine labor allocations needed to sustain positive performance across assigned shift.
- Manage daily workflow. Provide the support needed to ensure daily goals are met.
- Responsible for daily/monthly reporting of shift’s quality, productivity, and attendance metrics.
- Enforce facility’s code of conduct and general guidelines related to EHS, work practices, and housekeeping
- Responsible for leading daily start-up/close-out meetings with shift employees. Discuss daily goals, safety initiatives, and other business related topics.
- Collaborate with the team to improve operational processes through continuous improvement projects.
- Drive a culture of ownership among workforce and fosters a positive, energetic, and collaborative environment in which teamwork and diverse backgrounds are respected and valued.
- Manage other duties as assigned by management
What you will need:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered Business, Supply Chain/Logistics, or Engineering is preferred.
2. Minimum 3-5 years of successful experience as an Operation Manager/Logistics Supervisor in a distribution center environment.
3. WMS experience is required; SAP experience is preferred.
4. Microsoft Office experience is required (PPT, Excel, Word, etc.)
What will set you ahead of the pack:
1. Lean certification, specifically Kaizen or 5S certifications
2. Managing an organized union environment
3. Experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.