If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide.
This role is part of our business unit "Intelligent Traffic Systems" (in future: "Yunex Traffic"; more than 3,000 employees and 600 million Euro revenue). ITS is preparing for the step towards organizational independence, which is to be taken in the current fiscal year. As a 100% subsidiary, ITS will remain part of Siemens Mobility fort he time beeing.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
Your path will lead you to the newly created central purchasing department of the future Yunex Traffic as Global IT Commodity Manager (f/m/d). You will be responsible for the overall purchasing volume of IT commodities (hardware & software, licenses, IT engineering and communication).
- You help us to achieve the best conditions and profit contributions across an excellent supplier base by defining the global sourcing strategy and managing it regionally.
- You organize cross-functional teams to implement strategic volume bundling and purchasing activities.
- You provide reliable reporting to ensure transparency of purchasing volumes and savings.
- You define and establish negotiation concepts and strategies to increase savings.
- You negotiate and document framework agreements for the strategic suppliers.
- You are responsible for supplier selection, qualification and regular performance reviews.
- You promote the use of electronic procurement systems (eRfX, eAuction/ eBidding) and improve the efficiency of purchasing processes through digitalization.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have a university degree (Bachelor) in a business or engineering discipline.
- You also have many years of professional experience in strategic procurement within an industrial environment.
- You are at home in the world of highly complex technical environments, specifically IT hardware, IT software and/or telecommunications.
- You convince us with your affinity for digitalization and bring knowledge of data analytics tools such as Tableau, Celonis or similar.
- You are innovative, creative and an out-of-the-box thinker who enjoys building up greenfield topics and structures.
- For your job, you will have fluent English and be willing to travel (approx. 10%). German language skills are an advantage.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 - 52430
if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Timm Lotz.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time