Siemens Digital Industries is a leading innovator in automation and digitalization. Our mission is to support customers in leveraging growth, profit opportunities and ecological footprint in the discrete and process industries. Our Digital Enterprise portfolio integrates virtual and real worlds – with a unique end-to-end portfolio and Digital Twins across the entire value chain. It focuses on the needs of specific verticals. We continually expand our Digital Enterprise portfolio to include ground breaking technologies and offer industry-specific end-to-end solutions for companies of all sizes.
Join our Digital Industries as the Automation Engineer in Karachi and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
- Responsible for Concept to commissioning of automation solutions
- Study the process P&IDs and customer requirements
- Selection of PLC and HMI
- Development of PLC software
- Process software development – HMI / SCADA.
- Design the automation system / panel.
- Integration of the control system.
- Training to customer Engineers/Technicians.
- Create functional design specification (FDS).
- Technical conception in case of unspecified customer requirements.
- Creation of engineer drawings for electrical cabinet, MCC, PCC, control desk etc.
- Installation, testing and commissioning (I/O check, bus technology and automation software)
- Deployment to project sites for several months to commission the plants
Your qualifications and skills required:
- Completed engineering degree in Electrical/ Electronic or Computers.
- Knowledge of automation (SIMATIC-S7 PLCs, WinCC, TIA).
- Protocol knowledge (PROFIBUS, PROFINET, MODBUS).
- Systems knowledge (DCS and SCADA architectures).
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Professional and project experience (approx. 3 - 5 years).
- Initiative, learning ability, result-oriented and quality-driven.
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to travel for in-country as well as internationally on project deployment.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Pakistan Engineering Co. Ltd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time