Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- In your new challenging role, you will analyze customer inquiries and requests for proposals (tenders) regarding technical and scheduling requirements and determining associated cost estimates and risks.
- Furthermore, you will support the requirement management with respect to the definition and validation methods related to Automatic Fare Collection System.
- In addition, you will create technical reports and design documents for AFC systems including the subsystems back office, server systems, money management, TVMs, gates etc.
- You will coordinate and support AFC installation teams in terms of installation quality control by preparing installation method statements including templates for verification and validation.
- Next to this, you will support the testing and commissioning management as well as the operation and maintenance management by producing test plans and O&M manuals.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You bring in a completed master’s degree in communication technology, electrical engineering or equivalent technical education.
- You have long-term experience in Engineering for Automatic Fare Collection System (open and closed systems) as well as knowledge of the typical interfaces in a railway environment.
- You understand the basic principles of ticketing software (design development and configuration), being familiar with media-based and account-based ticketing systems; the architectural components like operating systems, database management systems and communication protocols or Human/Machine interfaces.
- You understand transportation fares (single and multi-journey tickets, distance based, time based) and different lists used in these systems (blacklists, whitelists, greenlists).
- Project engineering tools for project execution (like DOORS) and the design of AFC systems as well as dimensioning and specification of AFC IT, Web and Apps, components, devices and contactless media (like Mifare and Calypso or QR-code) are well known to you.
- In addition, you have the ability to lead/direct and motivate staff.
- Good command of spoken and written Arabic, English (suitable for conducting project negotiations) round off your profile. Willingness for business trips at home and abroad is required.
Getting in touch with us – straightforward and direct
if you would like to find out more about Siemens before applying.
+49 (9131) 17 - 52430
if you whish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team. The contact person handling this job ad is Julia Krzystek.
if you would like more information about jobs and careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organisation: Siemens Mobility
Unternehmen: Siemens Mobility GmbH
Erfahrungsniveau: Experienced Professional