KNIME SRE Engineer (Site Reliability Engineer)
The Technology department occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It functions as an international network of expertise and as a global partner for technology and innovations. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Corporate Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Our Research Group (Advanced Data Management), located in Bangalore, is part of Business Analytics and Monitoring (BAM) Technology Field. Headquartered in Munich, we are a passionate community of around 240 researchers, data scientists and architects distributed across the globe. We strive to solve complex problems in various domains ranging from industry, energy, mobility and buildings to smart cities by applying methods and principles of data analytics and artificial intelligence. We are looking for equally passionate techies to join us in this exciting journey of finding solutions to some non-trivial problems of the petabyte world.
Change the future with us
- Manage a KNIME Server environment running on AWS Cloud
- Administer and configure the KNIME Server
- Configure AWS Cloud connectivity, VPC, routing tables, security groups and policies
- Deploy AWS enviroments based on Terraform scripting
- Configure, plan and execute automated system backup
- System monitoring, incident management and patching
- Operational and cost reporting
- User Management
- Document operational processes
What you need to make real what matters.
- Do you have a Bachelors/ Masters/ Ph.D. with experience in KNIME Server and Analytic Platform operational management?
- You should be a AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
- Good experience in Linux OS and RESTful Web Services
- You should have strong experience in Python, JAVA, Unix Shell scripting
- Sundry DB connectivity (MSSQL, Oracle, PostGresSQQ, Snowflake)
- KNIME Certification and experience in KNIME Workflow design is a plus
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time