Do you get excited about applied engineering of autonomous driving vehicles? Do you wat to be the best and help others improving? We would love you to come strengthening our team!
You will be part of our team, building and developing simulation test solutions for Autonomous Vehicles (AV) and ADAS applications for customers. These test solutions can be either standalone simulations, or they can run together with some hardware, like a customer ECU or AV stack (Hardware-in-the-Loop). These simulation solutions are based on Siemens Simcenter Prescan, supported by Matlab/Simulink, C++, Python or Siemens products like Simcenter Amesim and HEEDS.
To build the solution, you are able to translate the sensor and scenario specifications into sensor simulation settings and virtual scenarios. To close the loop, you will create the interfacing logic with the (user) ADAS/AV logic or hardware device(s).
Depending on the size of a project, you execute it either individually or in small team. In any case, we will always work together to help our colleagues in case they encounter any issues. We expect you to be a good team player.
You can clearly communicate the results of a project to the customer by providing technical documentation and demonstrations.
You will also be working closely with software development group providing requirements and testing as a technical user, and you will create state-of-the-art demonstrators using Simcenter Prescan to demonstrate our solutions to customers
Simcenter Prescan is a well-known simulation platform to assist virtual development and validation of active safety and ADAS systems.
It offers reliable simulation models of relevant sensors and the vehicle environment in order to virtual validate algorithms applied for autonomous braking, lane change warning, lane keeping, accident avoidance etc.… but of course…you already knew that 😉
Requirements & personality
We are looking for a great colleague, who is looking for new challenges, a pragmatic and analytic person, result oriented and resourceful regarding complex questions.
Your most important “superpower” is communication. You understand the underlying question and can turn that into a solution.
- A MSc background in Mechatronics, Aerospace, Embedded Systems, Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- Hands-on experience with Linux;
- Knowledge and experience with MATLAB/Simulink;
- Basic knowledge of C, C++ and Python;
- An adequate level of verbal and written English and preferably Dutch language;
- Valid (in The Netherlands) driving license is a plus.
- A challenging job within a fast growing, and stable company;
- Next to your gross monthly salary, a 13th month and 8% holiday allowance;
- The development of our employees is important for us, we expect you to grow and learn;
- Compensation for commuting by car or public transport, if necessary, but we are currently all working from home (in The Netherlands) . We hope to get back to the office soon, at least parttime;
- Your work/life balance is important for us we offer ample vacation days.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future.. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital Minds world of Siemens here.
An online screening will be part of our hiring process.
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer.
If you are working for an agency please don't introduce any candidates.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software and Services B.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time