CT Collaboration Scientist – Siemens Healthineers
Do you want to shape and contribute to the future of healthcare? Siemens Healthineers are looking for an experienced CT Collaboration Scientist to join our successful team.
As one of the largest providers worldwide, Siemens Healthcare helps to optimize processes in healthcare and to better care for patients. Approximately 48,000 people integrate medical technology, IT, service and consulting for innovative solutions with proven customer benefits.
Siemens CT maintains close collaborations with partner sites. The post holder is responsible for establishing local clinical research programs in both GB&I / Europe and will be the main communication contact to the partner sites, coordinating information flow. The role will include scientific support of internationally renowned academic institutions and clinical research groups.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of CT research projects in collaboration with our luminary research partners in the field of cutting edge technology, it is anticipated that a substantial proportion of your time would be devoted to supporting collaborations in this increasingly active area, and for providing consultation as well as advanced scientific support.
The position offers an exciting opportunity to become the interface between basic scientists, clinical researchers, and Siemens Healthineers both in GB&I, EMEA and the Siemens Healthineers CT Headquarters in Germany, which enjoys the position of industry leader for advancing imaging technology. It would be anticipated that you would have a good understanding of CT basic science and engineering but in addition be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of the clinical applications. An important aspect of this role is to identify potential new methods which might be developed into commercially viable products.
The role will offer a very close connection to applied and clinical science and aims to identify and assist collaborative CT based research projects. Integral to this position will be the pivotal role you will play in helping maintain Siemens Healthineers as the leading scientific and collaboration partner within the community.
This position will also involve supporting and initiating additional academic collaborations with our partners. Clinical research input and direct contribution to research projects and publications will be possible subject to the individually defined research projects.
This role can be based anywhere in the UK. You will spend 50% of your time working from home and 50% travelling.
- Establish and maintain local clinical research programs with selected Siemens Healthineers collaboration sites in GB&I and various parts of Europe.
- Build current relationships with Siemens key opinion leaders at luminary sites.
- Establish and maintain communication channels between our key collaborative sites and key Siemens functions in the respective countries and in Germany.
- Support and perform research activities with selected clinical partners and create formal journal publications and whitepapers.
- Support the installation, configuration, validation, troubleshooting and refinement of cutting-edge prototype and early release products.
- Facilitate collaboration between luminary researchers and Siemens Healthineers developers and product experts
- Present talks regarding Siemens imaging technology and related research and development.
Skills & Experience:
- PhD in Medical Physics or equivalent; or significant related experience and/or training , preferably in a university hospital setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Modality expertise including: basic science, IQ, dose, technology, reconstruction and hardware design.
- Application expertise including perfusion methods, anatomy/physiology familiarity, analysis methods, disease states and processes; specifically related to CT imaging.
- Understand technical abilities of the scanner.
- Show high initiative, solution orientation, time/task management and analytical
- Building relationships, great communication skills – verbal, written, listening with a strong customer focus
- Ability to complete some national and international travel as required.
- Experience with reading, analysing, and interpreting common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Experience writing speeches and articles for publications that conform to prescribed style and format both for technical review and in layman’s terms.
- Effectively present information to a variety of people, including senior management, groups, and/or board of directors.
Being part of our team:
Siemens Healthineers is a leading medical technology company with a 170-year legacy of first-to-market technologies and product innovations. Passionately driven by empowering healthcare providers to better help their patients, our technologies touch an estimated 5 million patients globally every day. We are committed to helping healthcare providers to succeed and work in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine as well as digital health and enterprise services.
We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers, and ultimately to help everyone live longer and healthier lives. To find out more about our business and recent news, including our continued response to COVID-19, please explore our website.
- A competitive salary
- Generous pension contributions
- 26 days holiday
- Access to our flexible benefits from private medical insurance to dental cover
- Corporate Social Responsibility opportunities including 2 paid volunteering days per year
- Support from our 24/7 employee assistance programme
In addition, we provide a flexible and dynamic environment with the space to stretch beyond your comfort zone in order to grow both personally and professionally. Our unique team spirit arises from embracing different perspectives, open debate, and the will to challenge conventions. Change is a constant aspect of our work. We aspire to lead the change in our industry rather than just react to it. That’s why we want you to seek, implement and celebrate your best ideas.
We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business. We strongly encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time