RTU Commissioning Engineer (Siemens Digital Grid) - Cairo, Egypt
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (Digital Gird) is one of the leading global suppliers of products, systems, solutions, and services for the economical, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. As the trusted partner for the development and extension of an efficient and reliable power infrastructure, Digital Gird offers utilities and the industry the portfolio they need. This includes facilities and systems for the low-voltage and distribution power grid level, smart grid and energy automation solutions, power supply for industrial plants, and high-voltage transmission systems.
Represented in more than 90 countries, this Siemens Division has nearly 53,000 employees and more than 100 production sites worldwide. Today we are recruiting for RTU Commissioning Engineer to Join our project Team in Egypt.
Remote Terminal Unit (RTU) Engineer is responsible that RTU site commissioning work is completed on time and within technical best practicing. Reporting directly to Site Commissioning Manager, the RTU Commissioning Engineer will monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials, and carry out safety checks and sort out any problems which could hold up work as they arise.
Working together with site team always, and liaise with site engineers, surveyors, technicians, planners, and subcontractors, the RTU Engineer will ensure that work complies with building regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements. Finally, RTU Commissioning Engineer also acts as the first point of contact for members of sub-contractors and
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
- Supervising and overseeing the direction of the project, ensuring that the customer’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress, and liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs.
- Coordinating and supervising site technicians.
- Selecting tools and materials.
- Checking and preparing site reports, designs, and drawings
- Maintaining quality control procedures
- Finding ways to prevent problems and to solve any that crop up.
- Assessing and minimizing risk.
- Interfaces with customers on all RTU related technical, project, and business issues.
- Conducts technical review of field designs and works with RTU, marshalling, LV/HV control panels for adaptation work, etc. to ensure that project requirements are met, providing technical guidance and direction in all phases under substation RTU/ control center interface at substation.
- Provide local support for the contractual training linked to substation RTU, modification work
- Coordinate the shutdowns and witnessing / inspection of work by client
- Liaise with Project Engineering Team to make sure an appropriate detail design handover.
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital and Solid!?
- Degree in Electrical Engineering from reputable university or College.
- Strong Knowledge of Substation Automation System and SCADA applications, Communication Protocols and Integration with IED’s from different Vendors Like GE, ALSTOM and SIEMENS.
- Planning and scheduling project timelines and milestone using MS Project.
- Equipment Selection and finalization of LoM (List of Material) according to project scope for order placement to manufacturing facilities and vendors.
- Engineering, Parameterization & Commissioning of Siemens SICAM RTU’s and SICAM 230 HMI
- CAEx Plus (Soft logic) programming according to IEC 61131-3 for Load Management Systems and Automation Solutions
- SICAM RTU’s interfacing different protocols (IEC-60870-5-101,104 and 61850)
- Development & Implementation of QMS Procedure in the Design and Implementation Section.
- Testing and commissioning of SICAM RTU’s
- Protocol application experience with IEC 101, 104, IEC61850, Modbus TCP/IP and serial protocols.
- Communication interface design and configuration with devices including PC's, printers, time sources with SNTP, NTP, Data Concentrators, IEDs (meters, protection relays).
- Familiar with the features of Protection relays & Bay Controllers of Siprotec Family and hands on experience of uploading/downloading of Protection Relays settings, DIGSI software including configuration, logic development (CFC).
- Excellent computer skills, capability to express complex matters in clear and understandable language, excellent presentation and writing skills.
- Very good level of English in both verbal and in writing.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industrial LLC
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time