The Simcenter STAR-CCM+ development team is seeking a motivated developer to contribute to development of the dense granular flow (DEM) models. These models are successfully applied by many of the Simcenter STARCCM+ customers. The development team is constantly seeking new opportunities to expand the code capability into new areas, with focus on:
- New physics models
- State-of-the-art algorithms and parallelization techniques
- Performance optimizations
- Coupling the DEM physics with the multi-physics environment of Simcenter STAR-CCM+
The primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Identification of suitable DEM models and algorithms with
- Contact model physics
- Flow-particle interaction
- Numerical methods for flow particle coupling
- New discretization techniques
- Implementation in a modern, commercial DEM framework
Performance benchmarking and code optimization with focus both on serial and parallel performance including:
- SIMD vectorization of new and existing algorithms
- Effective parallelization of collision physics across the parallel platforms supported by Simcenter STAR-CCM+
- Hybrid shared memory/distributed memory parallelization schemes
- Heterogeneous platform support including GPUs
A suitable candidate is expected to have:
- A Masters, PhD or equivalent degree in mechanical engineering, applied math or computer science
- Knowledge of discrete element methods and experience with algorithms and techniques used in discrete element method simulations
- Experience with numerical methods used in particle-flow coupling
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong C++ development skills
- Good working knowledge of parallel programming both in distributed and shared memory
- Experience with modern CPU optimization and vectorization and GPU programming is a plus
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.