Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
The main objective of this position is to ensure accurate billings are generated and delivered to all customers in a timely fashion as well as collaborating with finance, sales and operations to maintain a healthy accounts receivable and a reliable cash flow. The successful candidate will accomplish this objective by processing billing requests and creating invoices within a two-day turnaround. The role serves as a resource to others in problem resolution of billing/project support problems. Provides outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers based on timely, accurate and professional feedback.
- Process billing requests, credit memos and cancelations according to policy guidelines
- Ensure invoices are generated and sent according to group standards and customer instruction
- Review all requests for completeness and accuracy
- Generate and provide conditional lien releases to customers
- Create and/or modify customer information in accounting system
- Deliver invoices according to customer requirements (Postal service, email or on-line portal)
- Resolve any billing request issues in collaboration with Sales and Operations teams
- Produce standard and ad hoc reports as requested
- Develop and maintain effective customer relations both internal and external
- Associates Degree in Accounting; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year of experience working in an accounting role
- Ability to work independently and manage time to meet deadlines and schedules
- Ability to work overtime, especially at month end
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills as well as great analytical skills
- Ability to read and understand standard contracts
- Some project billing experience preferred
- Experience working with SAP preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.