Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.
The IT Manager is responsible for high quality, reliable, stable, and secure delivery of information technology services, IT infrastructure and related IT operations to the business. The Manager’s role is to ensure that the streamlined operation of the IT department is in alignment with the business objectives of our organization. This individual is a self-starter who can lead a team of IT professionals responsible for IT infrastructure, applications, network and server administration. The ideal candidate will bring current knowledge and future vision for transforming the IT function including its strategy, service offerings, and modernizing both the department and infrastructure. Core skills include project management, leadership, experience supporting technology initiatives, as well as communication with the senior leadership team, business function leaders, and end users.
Strategy & Planning
- Support the organization in the development and execution of sound IT strategies and business plans aimed at ensuring the IT initiatives
- Integrate applications to ensure most efficient and cost-effective use
- Align architecture with organizational strategies that are secure, reliable, and easy to use
- Support the management of financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, budget review, cost/benefit analysis
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision
IT & Operations Management
- Regularly maintain all operating systems, hardware (e.g. local servers, computers, routers) and software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Manage and resolve daily IT-related requests (i.e. account setup, software troubleshooting, etc.)
- Identify opportunities for automation and implement solutions
- As applicable, manage third-party vendors and SLA’s
- Manage basic security environment via maintenance of firewalls, security software and addressing concerns raised in third-party security audits
- Support collaboration with appropriate staff on key projects in the planning and implementation of key initiatives
- Accountable for the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals
- Oversee the management of all end-user services
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Ensure the process and system solutions within the SAP ERP system meet the requirements of the business.
- Lead a team of IT professionals responsible for infrastructure, applications, network and server administration
- Effectively administer and manage the SAP ERP system application
- Effectively administer and manage all the Microsoft 365 resources including Windows servers, Active directory, Email, Security, SharePoint sites, Teams, Azure, Power Platform etc.
- Manage IT Help desk and provide white glove client services as required
- Effectively manage projects for the IT group (global project roll-outs, IT systems, vendors, team end users); resource coordination, management of deliverables, project documentation requirements, etc.
- Ensure regular maintenance of site infrastructure equipment and services
- Install and maintain cybersecurity control structure
- Developing personal growth plans with staff
Required Education and Experience:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience required
- 3+ years of direct work experience in an IT management capacity required
- Knowledge of networking, operating system, and server architectures
- Extensive working knowledge of major functional areas of SAP S/4 HANA modules - Sales & Distribution, Production Planning, Material Management/ EWM, and FICO. SAP Certification in at least one of the modules is preferred.
- Manufacturing, supply chain and inventory management processes knowledge is preferred.
- Teamcenter knowledge
- Should have deep knowledge of Microsoft products and solutions (Microsoft certifications are an asset)
- PMP and/or PMI certification (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall) preferred
- Proven experience in IT network, infrastructure, database and application planning and development
- Strong technical knowledge of network and PC operating systems, current network hardware, protocols, and standards
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences (strong oral communication skills)
- Strong evidence of time management skills required, including ability to prioritize data recovery and repair of system infrastructure above all other duties
- Legally eligible to work in Canada
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.