Siemens Healthineers is one of the world's largest suppliers to the Healthcare Industry and a trend-setter in medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics. Siemens Healthineers offers its customers products and solutions for the entire range of patientcare from a single source – from prevention and early detection to diagnosis, and on to treatment and aftercare. By optimizing clinical workflows for the most common diseases, Siemens Healthineers also makes Healthcare faster, better and more cost-effective. Siemens Healthineers employs some 53.000 worldwide and operates around the world. For further information please visit:
What are my responsibilities?
As Zone Business Manager you will be accountable for Laboratory Diagnostics (LD) sales and profits for the Zone RCA, by managing sales and related business efforts for all instrument, reagents, consumables and service products in order to drive increased market penetration and improve customer satisfaction. The position is to provide leadership in setting the strategic growth plans and is responsible for representing the specific needs of all assigned countries.
· Governance and oversight of LD-related activities within their Zone.
· Driving operational performance by reviewing resource investments, profitability, targeted customer priorities, establishing appropriate pricing escalation guidelines and by monitoring monthly performance.
· Providing guidance and support to the Country marketing teams in order to deliver the company targets through specific action plans. Assists in the development of marketing programs, channel and pricing strategies to ensure the profit growth and expansion of business.
· Development of the yearly Zone BA Concept and Zone Strategy for the Fiscal Year (Consistent with Region and global LD strategy).
· Defining and implementing sales push programs, method penetration focus and activities and drive / monitor / report on new product launches. Identifying and capitalizing on any "quick wins".
· Strong emphasis on both self-motivation and ability to motivate and influence key stakeholders in the countries, driving the LD business, developing and monitoring key sales and profit metrics, taking action on issues, identifying and sharing best practices, developing and maintaining relationships with key customers and developing and implementing new business models and opportunities to provide growth and increase overall profitability.
· Driving the S&OP process with the countries to drive continuous improvement of forecast accuracy. Triangulating sales funnel, sales budget and sales forecast - monitor and represent RCA in the S&OP process. Manage EOL, M-290 (slow roll out) and new product introduction/phase out for the Zones.
· Providing support and expertise in LOA escalations and Divisional approvals
· Liaising with other Regions/Zones and the Business Area to share and adopt best practices, effective programs and incremental insight that will enhance the sales effectiveness of LD.
· Business Analytics and guidance on business issues and macro- and micro-economic effects on Business Area and individual Product line business
· Representing the specifities of the zones at the Management Business reviews and during the budgeting process, guiding and managing the data input into PATH and presenting analysis on how business progress is doing, identifying challenges / opportunities , creating and executing actions plans (Product, Market, Competition, Win /loss analysis, organization, etc) and follow up metrics, and escalating deals to the Region to obtain approvals.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· Over 5+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
· In-depth understanding of Diagnostics products and services, as well as familiarity with marketing to the laboratory and hospital industries and medical profession
· Good management, communication and organizational skills are necessary to motivate and provide direction to an effective sales force / marketing team that focuses on meeting customer needs and increasing Diagnostics (BU specific) sales.
· Judgement and creativity are required to ensure development and implementation of innovative plans that will increase product sales and enhance market penetration. The position impacts the strategic plans of several key departments by assessing the marketability of new products and processes and recommending appropriate sales methods.
· Effective and persuasive interpersonal skills
· Education/Background: Advanced degree in Health/Life Science, Technology or Business Administration.
· Understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation and performance management.
· Be ready to travel up to 50%, within the Zone
· Fluent English
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Limited Liability Company
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time