We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Product and System Safety to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business.
In this rewarding role, you will set, uphold and enforce standards governing product safety and quality in all aspects of engineering pertaining to the upgrade, modification and maintenance of rolling stock. You will monitor safety performance, containment and corrective actions and, where required, mandating minimum action levels for each. You will provide leadership and direction in the development and execution of a technical strategy for Siemens Rolling Stock to meet current and future customer requirements, and to oversee development and execution of upgrades and major modifications.
This role can be based anywhere in the UK as travel UK wide will be required.
This is your role
- Ensure that the Siemens policies, standards and procedures governing engineering design and maintenance meet current legislative, customers and internal requirements
- Oversee the investigation and resolution of product safety failures, however caused, ensuring timely execution of arising actions & recommendations where necessary
- Work with customers and external agencies or regulatory bodies concerning rolling stock safety issues
- Represent Mobility Rolling Stock in the Siemens ‘Product Safety’ arena
- Implement processes to ensure that policies and procedures governing product safety in design and maintenance are systematically and effectively implemented throughout relevant areas of the business
- Implement processes to systematically assess the quality of maintenance execution and support activities, making recommendations for improvement where necessary
- Delegate appropriate degree of safety management responsibility to Engineering Services Managers and monitor its application
- Publish and maintain a technical strategy for the future development of Siemens rolling stock, considering technological requirements and future customer needs
- In conjunction with Sales & Projects teams, prioritise and mobilize engineering resource in production of Technical Concepts and associated engineering estimates in support of sales activities
- Provide design engineering services and support during implementation of assigned design projects
- Monitor cost/time/quality performance, including NCCs, in respect of the design engineering aspects of project delivery
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Relevant engineering degree or equivalent qualification
- Experience at Engineering Manager level
- Electrical and Mechanical systems knowledge and experience
- Experience in managing product and system safety (rolling stock preferred)
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Good knowledge of IT systems/software
- Chartered Engineer status preferable
- In-depth knowledge of Rolling Stock Maintenance techniques and procedures (preferred)
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined Engineering teams in different locations
- Experience of project planning and planning tools
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time