We have a fantastic opportunity for a Service Delivery Manager to join our Siemens Mobility Rolling Stock business based at our location in Glasgow. As the Service Manager you will be responsible for leading a multi-functional team of 15-20, to deliver the services under a Service Agreement (TSSA) for our customer’s ScotRail Maintenance contract, ensuring high levels of safety, fleet reliability and availability performance.
You will develop strong and successful relationships with key partners and drive continuous cost and quality improvements through strong leadership, successful collaboration and innovative thinking. You will also be responsible and accountable for the delivery of budgets set within each contract (approx £1-4m p.a)
What are your responsibilities
- Participate in developing short-, medium- and long-term plans to achieve contract requirements in a cost effective manner
- Develop critical metrics related to the contract deliverables to monitor and control the progress of the targets, driving business improvement
- Ensure the effective delivery of overhaul, modification and upgrade projects, as specified by assigned project manager
- Manage the presentation team to develop solutions to enhance service activities, integrating with production, project and technical teams (site specific)
- Ensure fleet is maintained in compliance with all maintenance documentation, certificates and Siemens policies.
- Be responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of the performance regime, monitoring reliability and performance trends and developing improvement proposals.
- Engage with HQ Engineering organisation and Siemens AG for reactive and proactive fleet improvements
- Be responsible for the assets associated with the contract e.g. depot, tooling, machinery and provision and maintenance of facilities and equipment on site
- Participate in regular reviews with customer representatives and demonstrate improved product performance and customer satisfaction by supporting them in their business objectives
- Participate in establishing budgets, monitor progress and delivery to budget
- Engage with Rolling Stock HQ Engineering organisation and Siemens AG for reactive and proactive fleet improvements
- Support Sales team when required to develop bids for further opportunities on contract e.g. extensions and variations
What do you need to qualify for this role
- Someone with in-depth knowledge and broad technical know-how of Rolling Stock business and maintenance techniques and procedures
- Someone with experience of managing and leading multi-functional teams in a rail, production, fast moving or complex environment
- Someone with an Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- IOSH/ NEBOSH certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent experience is advantageous
- Someone with contract and commercial experience, experience of managing budgets and negotiating with workplace representatives
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques and principles
- Fleet introduction experience is preferred but not essential
- Previous experience of managing P&L
- Understanding of industry maintenance best practice
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new! That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time