Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
As Technical Writer, you will collaborate with developers, testers, product managers, and other subject matter experts to create and maintain internal and customer-facing content for a global project with distributed teams. You will partner with senior-level writers to succeed as a member of SAFe/Scaled Agile sprint teams, and you will follow the best practices contained in the Global Style & Process Guide for Technical Documentation.
Additionally, you will:
- Interpret design specifications and user stories
- Assess user needs
- Create and manage your sprint tasks
- Work with product prototypes
- Report progress to your sprint team
- Participate in documentation reviews
- Use a content management system to create and publish documentation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Proficient user in the Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge with content management systems
- Knowledge of coding and scripting languages.
- Awareness of localization processes and translation requirements
- Interest and preferably background with industrial software and products
- Good technical understanding and problem-solving skills
- Capable to work independently and also functions well in a team environment
- Experience working with offshore teams in remote locations
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Preferably a degree in technical communications or a Technical Communications certificate from an accredited institution
- Typically, 2+ years of experience in performing writing, editing and research functions to prepare technical documentation or equivalent position
- You will be familiar with the principles and tools used in topic-based authoring and structured writing.
- You will be expected to stay current on the latest technical documentation trends and technologies
- Preferably, you will have some familiarity with cloud computing, IoT, and other Industry 4.0 technologies.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.