Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Engineering Technician 3 (Refrigeration Specialist).
This position supports industrial refrigeration equipment used in Siemens medical diagnostic assay manufacturing processes.
This is a first shift position, which also requires supporting technical issues which may occur during off shift and weekend operations. Limited travel may also be required for training purposes.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As an Engineering Technician 3 – Refrigeration Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and performing preventative maintenance on commercial refrigeration/freeze drying equipment and various temperature-controlled devices, including Ultra-Low temp refrigeration equipment
- Monitoring equipment for proper operation and making repairs as necessary
- Maintaining spare parts inventory
- Documenting service information
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- A minimum of 250 hours accredited refrigeration training
- Associates Degree/trade school certification preferred
- Strong understanding of refrigeration control systems
- Strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to read schematics and associated equipment manuals and specifications
- Able to use hand tools and specialty equipment associated with the trade
- Capable of performing physical activities such as lifting equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Safe handling of chemicals and lubricants
- Proficient with computer applications
- Must be able to follow written procedures and safety practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and good documentation practices
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience include:
- Massachusetts Refrigeration License
- EPA Universal Technician Certification
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting industrial freeze-drying equipment, vacuum pumps, and low vacuum systems.
- Experience maintaining Ultra-Low refrigeration equipment
- Experience working in Biotech or Pharmaceutical environment
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.