Data Engineer – Predictive Insights Team
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for an enthusiastic Data Engineer with a focus on SaaS for the Predictive Insights & Analytics team supporting the Global Customer Support and Success Support organization. In this role you'll be responsible for developing, maintaining, and optimizing the processes to collect, store, process, and integrate GCSS data. You will help to differentiate the nuggets of data from the noise. Partnering with the data engineer, architect, and visualization team, you will unlock new insights and predictive models with robust visualizations. Key characteristics of a successful Data Engineer: self-starter, enthusiastic, detail oriented, analytical and strategic thinker. The Data Engineer is a flexible problem solver.
The Data Engineer must be able to think strategically at scale, integrate complex data sets, work with stakeholders, and be able to collaborate with other PI&A team members, both as a mentor and as a service provider.
The team is situated within Global Customer Support & Success though team members collaborate with the greater analyst community around the organization to pursue a coordinated, cross-functional approach to identifying new and existing data sources and analytics to drive business results.
- Design, build, test, document, optimize, and deploy, ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) packages
- Work with customers, report developers, management, and architects to build new, standardized, and scalable data delivery and analytics solutions.
- Design, model, document, and implement data storage and retrieval structures such as databases structures and unstructured data.
- Provide query, code, and troubleshooting assistance to visualization team.
- Work cross-functionally on technology and infrastructure migrations.
- Identify new opportunities for automation or embedding algorithms into existing business processes
- Seek out relevant data sources, including new internal and external data sources
- Manage analytics projects iteratively to ensure adoption of information products
- Develop automated processes to cleanse and integrate datasets from disparate sources
- Evaluate and help implement new analytics platforms, services, and methodologies
- Assist, train, and learn from other team members
- Provide ad-hoc analysis for management and innovate new “information products” deliverables
- Additional, related duties as required
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Data Analytics, Data Management, Data Science, Statistics, Math, Computer Science or related disciplines (MBA desirable) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Database, Programing or equivalent experience with at least 3 years in a hands-on role.
- Self-starter who prioritizes multiple projects with competing deadlines and is motivated to promote change
- Broad understanding of data infrastructure, data processing, and data integration.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in team environment and maintain trusted relationships with business customers and leadership.
- Ability to deliver repeatable, operationalized, solutions.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills.
- Superior solutions framework design capability; holistic, cross-functional thinker.
- Ability to successfully navigate ambiguous environments autonomously with minimal direction.
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL
- Experience with ETL design
- Demonstrated passion for answering business questions and improving business processes
- Professional and customer focused with developed project, organization and time management skills
- Familiar with dimensional data modeling and data normalization
- Understanding of data sourcing
- Able to work remotely from a home office
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Experience with SaaS solutions a plus
- Advanced knowledge of PL/SQL, MySQL
- Experience with SSIS
- Understanding of data sourcing technologies: (APIs, screen-scraping, internal data warehouses), data formats (structured, text, image, etc.), data structures (XML, JSON, relational databases, etc.), data types, variables, mapping, logical operations, and data profiling
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.