Change the future with us.
Our Sales experts are the eyes and ears of our customers. They do not wait; they take the initiative. They transform “That sounds interesting!” into actual contracts, paving the way for new avenues of business. Join our team and we will give you the latest knowledge and independence for autonomous action and decision-making, helping you become a trusted partner in customer relationships.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2021.Position Highlights:
- No-cap commission structure allows you to grow your accounts as much as you want…the sky’s the limit!
- Extensive Siemens Smart Infrastructure Service and Product portfolios provide opportunities to expand your customer base.
- Fast ramp-up time with our structured sales development program that provides you with a plan for quickly learning about Siemens products, processes, and people.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is currently searching for a dynamic Sales Executive for our Building Automation Service Sales team to grow the sales in Greater Vancouver and British Columbia area. The primary responsibility of the Sales Executive is to promote Siemens strong market position for delivering smart building technology to help our customers create outstanding experiences for their customers. In this position, you will achieve booking and profit goals by capitalizing on sales opportunities within the territory and applying your knowledge of digital service technologies to existing building challenges.
What will you do?
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the marketplace, competitor offerings, customers, and decision influencers across the region, segments, and verticals within the region. Keep current on automation, electrical, fire, mechanical, and IoT market business and product trends.
- Develop a vertical market and account management plan that focuses on strategic growth. Identify new business opportunities to grow in new markets or adjacent segments and develop “go to market” strategies to drive business to the end user customer.
- Develop and maintain a qualified funnel of opportunities. Achieve new order/booking and profit goals. Deliver on forecasted results consistently.
- Collaborate with operations and internal teams to deliver excellent customer outcomes.
- Partner with other sales division teams to plan, target, and acquire new projects and accounts.
- Attend industry-specific networking events; actively participate in professional organizations such as ASHRAE, AEE or CGBC to build a network of contacts and to represent Siemens in the market.
- Consult with the customer on future technology needs and to determine budgeting and investment requirements.
- Position Siemens as an industry leader among service providers, leveraging Siemens world-class digital service delivery as a key differentiator.
- Act as a consultant to multiple levels of the customer’s organization by understanding their challenges and recommending services to ensure their building systems perform as required to achieve business goals.
- Set pricing based on identified value of the services offered to the customer.
- Work with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources to obtain the sale.
- Actively participate in sales department meetings, workshops, and seminars to stay knowledgeable on current market, business, and product trends.
- Travel overnight up to 20% for training and business development.
What you will need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering preferred; a combination of education and experience will also be considered
- 2+ years of sales experience in building automation or a related field; software, IoT, and networking experience a plus
- Experience in the life sciences, healthcare, education, data center, and commercial office vertical markets preferred
- Financial expertise to estimate and sell technical solutions and service offerings effectively and independently
- Account development and strategic sales skills
- Demonstrable understanding of how to market, position, and sell cloud-based, data-driven service programs such as fault detection and diagnostics to existing and new customers preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency with Salesforce CRM preferred
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in Canada
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Active across Canada, the company focuses on intelligent infrastructure for buildings and distributed energy systems and on automation and digitalization in the process and manufacturing industries. Siemens brings together the digital and physical worlds to benefit customers and society. Through Mobility, a leading supplier of intelligent mobility solutions for rail and road transport, Siemens is helping to shape Canada’s passenger rail services. Via its majority stake in the publicly listed company Siemens Healthineers, Siemens is also a leading supplier of medical technology and digital health services. In addition, Siemens holds a minority stake in Siemens Energy, a global leader in the transmission and generation of electrical power.
Making a difference together we raised $757,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 23 non-profit organizations and planted 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.