Company: SISW - EDA
Job Title: Software Engineer
Siemens EDA is looking for a software development engineer to work in the Scalable Emulation Solutions (SES)team. SES develops and manufactures custom super computers called emulators for functional verification of System-on-Chip circuit designs. In emulation systems, custom software compiles a circuit design's high level description into a low level binary representation that can be loaded and run on the emulator hardware.
The individual that fills this position will become a member of the emulator compiler specialists developing the compiler software for Mentor's next generation emulators.
The Software Engineer will have responsibilities in the development and improvement of the part of the compiler that analyzes the customer design in order to map it on the emulator resources. The individual will participate in the design and implementation of new functionality for this part of the compiler as well as support current functionality. The candidate will work on high-level algorithm design, as well as on the “ones and zeroes” of the programmable emulator hardware. The work will be mostly in C++ on Linux. This position will include interaction with other software teams as well as SES hardware teams in an international, multi-site, development environment.Required Skills:
- BS, MS/PHD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Software development experience in developing large C++ applications as part of a team.
- Demonstrated experience with algorithm and data structure design.
- Understanding of gate level digital logic design.
- Excel both in a collaborative development and working independently.
- Software engineering skills using Unix/Linux operating systems.
- Experience in EDA (electronic design automation) software development.
- Experience in use of EDA Hardware description languages (Verilog/VHDL).
- Experience in use of EDA software simulation tools (Modelsim, etc).
- Knowledge of scripting languages (PERL, Python).
- BS with 5 + years of working experience, MS with 2+ years of Experience or PHD graduate
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.