Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
You will be working closely with our teams in Erlangen, Mülheim and Orlando to monitor data processing in the Power Diagnostics® datacenters and take action to support data related requests or troubleshooting for the whole data chain from power plant to Power Diagnostics® center. For troubleshooting you will be also in contact with site staff to figure out local problems. The maintenance of local and backend systems is also part of this job. You will be working closely with our teams in Germany & USA to perform the data acquisition tasks. This position is based in Gurgaon (India) and will involve working in morning or night shifts.
Job tasks include:
• Monitoring of data processing in the Power Diagnostics® datacenters and execution of regular system maintenance task to ensure continuous operation
• Acquisition of partial data files, Sequence of Event files and control system data upon request of Operations Engineers and Service Engineering.
• Troubleshooting of data acquisition and connection issues to restore data availability and quality
• Communication & collaboration with site staff and colleagues in Mülheim, Erlangen and Orlando
• Maintenance of local data acquisition, data transmission and backend server systems
• Coordinate cross-functional problems related to data acquisition and data processing including management of incoming requests via support mailbox/distribution list
• Contribution to 24/7 on call duty
• Contribution to 24/7 hotline support for customer phone calls and track issues for managed Power Diagnostics® sites
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Technology/ Controls/ Electronic Engineering or a closely related subject
• 3+ years of relevant experience
• Advanced handling of Windows Server OS (e.g.: Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019)
• Experience in basic IP networking (routing, switches…)
• Experience in industrial standard communication (OPC classic and OPC UA)
• Ability and willingness to work non-standard shifts, including nights.
• Being able to work in global team
• Communication skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• CCNA/ CCNP/MCSE/ MCSA Certification preferred
• Strong knowledge in VPN
• CRSP router & Terminal Server configuration
• Experience on Siemens DCS SPPA-T3000
• Knowledge of major components of power plants
• Practical knowledge of database and scripting tools like MS Access, Python, Visual basic etc.
• Solid experience with working in a global team
• Experience in handling of large data and analytical screening.
• Ability and willingness to learn new fields, Committed to personal development and continuous improvement
• High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time