Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Communication & Collaboration with Colleagues in Germany & USA.
• Responsible for issuing Piping Drawings & Bill of Quantities for project specific applications.
• Review, Control and Own 3D Piping & Support Models.
• Review Fluid systems P&IDs, Line list, Pipe Material Classes
• Review Pipe Stress Analysis and Pipe Support Calculations as required.
• Write Technical specifications as required.
• Review vendor drawings as required.
• Complete interface with various disciplines at all levels.
• Provide engineering assistance to Plant Construction and start-up.
• Resolve all Field Interference Issues.
• Co-ordinate with Piping Fabricators and Piping Insulation Vendors.
• Participate in vendor surveillance program and assist QA.
• Write/Create Piping Material Classifications.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
• 7 to 12 years of Piping & Supports engineering work experience
• Knowledge of major components of LGT package & power plants
• Competent handling of 3d Software (Preferably Open Plant)
• Interface skills with other discipline leads, project Management and designers as well as Piping supply & erection vendors. Managing the Project schedule within budget & time
• Knowledge of Piping Stress analysis (Preferably Auto Pipe tool)
• Knowledge of Pressure Drop & Pipe Thickness Calculations
• Experience with ASME B31.1, ASME B16.5, AISC Latest Edition, and AWS.
• Experience in performing hand calculations for pipe supports. These calculations include but not limited to qualification of structural members, weld sizing, base plate qualification, anchor bolt evaluation, spring hangers, etc. Experience in using STAAD III.
• Experience with Pipe fabrication requirements and material selections and write fabrication spec.
• Experience in selecting pipe insulation materials.
• Familiarity with Heat Tracing is desirable
• Solid experience with working in a global team
• Ability to travel in India & globally to various sites
• Ability and willingness to learn new fields,
• Committed to personal development and continuous improvement
• High flexibility in taking new tasks/responsibilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Coaching & Multiplier Skills including Training
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time