Join us as a Senior Commercial Manager to work on our London Piccadilly Upgrade Programme. You will be working as a business partner to the Project Managers and other Commercial Counterparts (both in the UK and in Vienna). You will ensure through sound detailed financial analysis, contract reviews, management reporting, budgeting and forecasting in accordance with Siemens guidelines we can improve contract profitability and customer satisfaction.
Working with the Contracts Manager the tasks will include understanding the scope of the project, understanding deviations between actual and expected gross margins, identifying potential outgoing claims and defending incoming claims, risk and opportunity management, driving closure of commercial issues to completion with a high degree of ownership and proactive participation in regular reviews.
This is your role
- Collate, analyse and report financial and operational information in an accurate, timely and consistent manner to support the projects and business units.
- Budgeting, forecasting and actual reporting on a monthly, quarterly basis to meet business requirements.
- Ensure production of timely accurate information for internal and external customers.
- Ensure best in class management accounting financial processes and procedures by continually developing and maintaining the divisional financial infrastructure.
- Professional and pro-active support of project management and project teams in the execution of main contracts, supplier contracts and other subcontracts towards assuring all contractual rights and entitlements and minimizing risks.
- Carrying out analysis of the financial impact of contract conditions for the project teams
- Analyse and monitor the contracts by identifying relevant events leading to claims, other risks and/or opportunities, assess claim potential and support risk management during project execution.
- Evaluate contractual outgoing and/or incoming claims and support the project team to enforce / defend claims (including preparation of and participation in negotiations)
- Develop and implement tight financial and claim strategies as well as maintain a systematic management of incoming and outgoing claims
- Document all claim relevant events and contract deviations during execution in a structured way by using the applicable tools
- Working in close conjunction with the teams in Vienna and London to deliver comprehensive cover for all discussions with the customer
- Ensure statutory and management information complies and reconciles to conform to Company policy
- Provide Financial Management to the Localisation Project
- Develop a first-class Commercial team that will deliver the programme
- Preparing commercial information for regular project reporting/project status discussions/milestone reviews (deadlines, costs, quality, cash collection)
What skills and qualification you will need to succeed in this role
- Degree qualification would be advantageous coupled with relevant level of Commercial experience.
- Strong experience in the commercial management of large scale projects and programmes.
- Experience of Financial Report and Models.
- Demonstrate compliance within set commercial guidelines.
- Proven approach to risk management.
- Good understanding of contractual terms and conditions
- Contracts and claim management experience
- An excellent track record of leadership in capital projects with a history of delivering results within challenging parameters
- The ability to influence others and take an independent view on key issues
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- A clear teammate who can work effectively in diverse and varied surroundings and who is able to prioritise in challenging situations
- Conceptual and quick learner, able to quickly assess a situation and generate new insights and pragmatic ideas
- Someone who is motivated to excel and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about the challenge of creating new concepts and ideas and inspiring change
- Well organized self-starter, able to assign his/her own priorities and operate independently
- Imaginative and creative, having the conceptual ability to effectively develop and deliver new ideas
- Pragmatic, with a talent for hands-on organization and implementation
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time