Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Our customers are shaping the future of automotive embedded systems with the vision and team of innovative, dedicated, smart, hardware and software developers who passionate about creating extraordinary automotive solutions. The solutions range from small footprint ECU software up through the most advanced applications in ADAS, Infotainment, Hardware Engineering and Automotive Audio. The company specialises in highly optimised in-vehicle solutions, focused in the area of BSP, audio, graphics, video and networking.
For the Automotive Business Unit (ABU) in our Villingen-Schwenningen, Munich or Berlin office we are looking for a "Software Engineering Manager – Media-Connectivity Team (f/m/d)"
Your area of responsibility - exciting and with a view into the future
- Technical and disciplinary lead of the Germany based Media-Connectivity software engineering team (10 developers) within the Automotive Business Unit
- Developing and implementing the technical roadmap for the Media-Connectivity team
- Ensure that worldwide projects within the team are developed in time, in budget and according to given quality standards
- Close cooperation with the ABU management team to ensure that team planning, and resource assignment meets the project requirements and timelines
- Participation in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people
- Participation in quotation processes in close cooperation with the business lines and sales organisation
Your qualifications - validated and adequate
- Bachelor or Master degree in computer/software engineering, electronics or related discipline
- Several years of experience in a comparable position in embedded systems, ideally automotive software
- Experience as a line manager of engineering teams
- Strong background in the design and development of Middleware SW architectures and components (Connectivity, Graphics, Video incl. DRM, Networks e.g. TSN/AVB) for Linux and Android OS
- Very good technical background in embedded system software architectures and development incl. state of the art automotive SoCs
- Strong knowledge of newest project management methodologies and automotive processes (e.g. Automotive Spice)
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation and social skills
- Strong team player with good spoken and written communication skills in English and German
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We'd love to hear from you, so apply now on siemens.com!
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
Send us an email to careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Ms. Jaclyn Krieger.
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities. At Siemens, we believe people who’ve had real experiences dealing with being different will excel as leaders. Let's foster a culture of creativity and innovation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Electronic Design Automation GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time