Siemens Digital Industries Software - Where today meets tomorrow.
Let's make the difference together!
Meet the team - Video
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely, collaborating with partners and customers, we care about the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With our Digital Enterprise portfolio, we provide and encourage companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Meaningful optimization for the specific needs of each industry, our outstanding portfolio supports customers to achieve greater efficiency and flexibility. We are constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate groundbreaking future technologies. We have our global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and have around 75,000 employees internationally.
We offer a role with responsibility, independence and the possibility to contribute proactive. We foster a teamwork culture with room for individual development
Please visit https://www.siemens.com/plm.
About the role
Do you thrive in sharing insights in a collaborative environment, with design, data, development, and customer teams? Do you want to work in one of the world’s largest software development organisataions?
We are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our growing research team in Sheffield, UK or any of our other offices in the UK - We want candidates who are passionate about translating insights into action and ultimately, user-friendly products!
You will have a proven track record in a user research function, ideally in a software development context.
As the Senior User Researcher you will be responsible for defining strategy and leading user research activities. You will understand business requirements, user behaviour and advocate research-based product development. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of research (planning, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (usability testing) research.
Area of responsibility
- Investigate and prioritise relevant research topics. Together with your UX research peers, you own the research roadmap. You ensure ongoing alignment with Product Managers, Product Designers and Service Designers. You actively seek research opportunities, and provide your own proactive suggestions on team and unit level. This includes setting the right priorities for research to conduct yourself, or empowering others to do research (activities).
- Define, scope, plan, and conduct user experience research. Based on research priorities, you define the scope and research questions, select the appropriate method(s), and create a plan for your research. You align on participant recruitment criteria with your partners and the Research Operations Specialist.
- Synthesiseand share compelling insights that inform both product strategy and product design decisions. You are comfortable making trade offs between diving deep into your data, or delivering quick insights. You communicate your research results to your direct partners, but always try to keep a wider audience in mind.
- Contribute to maturing, growing and improving our research practice. Our research team is constantly making an effort to becoming more mature and improving our impact. Examples vary from small and practical (creating templates for research plans, interview guides, etc.) to more fundamental (creating a universal tagging structure, to be used across projects).
- Foster collaboration with other subject areas. We truly believe that collaborating cross-disciplines is essential in making an impact. Therefore we expect you to (proactively) foster collaboration with other fields: collaboration with product analysts to creating solid insights, collaboration inside and outside R&D in order to tap in to other data sources, but also build positive relationships with product designers, service designers, product manager and the engineering teams
- Proven user experience research role at a software-focused company or equivalent experience
- Broad experience in generating insights from cutting edge qualitative and quantitative research methods that inform design and product decisions.
- Comprehensive experience with research methods that have a product or interaction design focus, like concept validation, usability testing.
- Has experience with any of the following: tracking and understanding user behaviour (digital products), heuristic evaluation, experience benchmarking, accessibility principles, A/B and multivariate testing.
- Demonstrated experience researching applications designed to serve multiple user profiles who operate in sophisticated environments.
- Has experience and interest in scaling-up research practices and democratising research.
Working at Siemens Software
Working at Siemens Software means flexibility - Choosing between working at home and the office at other times is the norm here. We offer great benefits and rewards, as you'd expect from a world leader in industrial software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality.
Siemens Industry Software is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage, and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or trade union membership.
Siemens. Making real what matters
If you want to make a difference – make it with us!
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time